Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Numbering of Submittals

Automatic Numbering of Submittals

It is my understanding that the submittals in BIM 360 are intended to function in a way that eliminates email--the contractor (manager) creates a submittal registry and assigns the appropriate subcontractors, the subcontractors (submitter) upload the submittal to BIM 360, the contractor (manager) reviews the submittal and pushes to the reviewer, and the reviewer provides a review.  

When I (the manager) create the registry, BIM 360 automatically assigns a submittal number (and there is no option to NOT do so, as far as I can tell?).  Then, submitters provide submittals in no specific order, which means the submittals that I push to the design team for review appear to be randomly numbered (1 might be first, but the next submittal I get could be 19, or 12).  

It would be great to allow the manager to number the submittal as they are pushed to the reviewer.  I think it would alleviate some confusion for the design team if the numbers were chronological.  It definitely makes it easier to track. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report