Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACC mobile app for BIM Collaborate Pro licenses

ACC mobile app for BIM Collaborate Pro licenses

Please create an app or provide access to the PlanGrid app for those with only BIM Collaborate Pro licenses, or Autodesk Docs licenses. Currently, from what I can figure, as there is not a lot of documentation about this, you NEED to purchase an Autodesk Build license to access the data in an ACC project on the PlanGrid app. As the Technology Director of an Architecture firm I cannot have my team create a project in the ACC Unified projects because they cannot access their designs on mobile. We have started to use the BIM 360 app for CA capture and really like to ability to view and make issues and mark-ups using the app on site. We only purchase the BIM Collaborate Pro license in order to work on Cloud workshared projects. We do not need the Autodesk Build license. 

Please make this a priority before anything else.

Thanks,

Bruce

23 Comments
jeamy.baena
Advocate

Totally agree, we need this feature ASAP!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Boggles the mind that this isn’t already built-in for designers in the field. Long past due.

ChristophLampart
Contributor

I was very surprised as I tried to use the BIM360 App for my ACC-Projects and it showed me a notification, that there is no active BIM360-Account. Due to this I searched for a ACC-App and could not find anything.

I thought, that ACC should be the new BIM360, so I would except nearly the same features, even more feature because of the more powerful cloud solution as it seems to be promoted.

I only can support my previous speakers. Please publish the ACC-App as soon as possible.

Have a nice day.

Anonymous
Not applicable

There's definitely a need for an APP to access Autodesk Docs or BIM Collaborate Pro files. I Hope Autodesk listens to this and implements it soon.

Cheers,

brucegund
Advocate

Well, the November updates have no news about a mobile app to access BIM Collaborate Pro files or workflows without purchasing Autodesk Build for access to the mobile PlanGrid app, (which still does not provide access to the BIM Collaborate Pro files....)

Too BAD. Maybe in 2022? 

Cannot move my design team to ACC from BIM 360 till this happens. We have too many workflows in BIM 360 for site and Construction Admin.

Bundgaard
Participant

Something is really wrong here - I am in distress as we follow guidance and are implementing the ACC for all our new projects, but at the same time we are removing access to these projects on mobiles.

We need just 1 APP to access both BIM360 projects and ACC projects, as it will be nearly impossible for my coworkers to know on which cloud solution the desired project reside - as a user you should not switch APP between projects.

I think Autodesk needs to speed this up as the missing APP is degrading the value of the ACC.

Actually, I am very pro ACC, but this is a huge problem.

CanutoDesign
Explorer

No appologies, I'd like to see this app asapp 😀

Chad-Smith
Advisor

I've voted for this, but the reality is that the app needs to be available to ALL licensed ACC users, all the way down to Autodesk Docs.

BIM 360 Docs has mobile access, and so too should Autodesk Docs.

But there is a larger much issue going on with Autodesk Docs, that this app topic fits into.

It feels like Autodesk Docs is only receiving the absolute bare minimum of features, with the bulk of them going into Build, and some into Collaborate. What Autodesk Docs is missing though, is understanding that there are a large volume of users on a project that are only consumers of data. They need not only the basic access, but also other features like Meetings, access to a Photos Library, and not to mention Sheets (which is an obvious omission), and doing all this on a desktop or a mobile device.

Autodesk Docs is limited to the point of being quite functionless.

brucegund
Advocate

Another round of updates for ACC and BIM 360 to start off 2022! Great stuff...but...but... STILL NO MOBILE APP for ABC Pro license holders!

Please Autodesk, Architects, Engineers, and designers all have devices used to view their project's files when not in the office. We all have clients, consultants, and project sites we travel to and NEED to view and discuss our projects BEFORE we have a construction partner. And it is not guaranteed that our construction partner will be using ACC or PlanGrid. To force designers to purchase Autodesk Build to access our file on mobile is ridiculous.

If you would like feedback, please let me know.

Thanks,

Ezekiel12
Collaborator

The app is very much needed. Docs/BIM collaborate/Pro/Build. If you want this solution to be real CDE, have an app.

And you do have it - BIM 360. So just enable ACC. Thats all. 

convrtx009
Contributor

I voted yes, however, the reality is that the software should be available to ALL licensed ACC users, from Autodesk Docs on down.

BIM 360 Docs and Autodesk Docs should both have mobile access.

However, there is a wider issue with Autodesk Docs that this app topic falls under.

Autodesk Docs appears to be getting the bare minimum of features, with the majority of them flowing into Build and some into Collaborate. What Autodesk Docs lacks, however, is the knowledge that there are a huge number of users on a project that are merely data consumers. They require more than just basic access.

Autodesk Docs is so restrictive that it's almost useless.

lukas_v
Contributor

We definitely need a mobile application. If the service is to be used as a CDE, then one of the conditions is that it should be a mobile version, otherwise I cannot offer it to clients as a CDE ... 🙄

HansZeeuwe2
Explorer

Why doesn’t Autodesk respond on this topic? This is a big problem. We  use BIM360, put a lot of work in convincing our clients to start using the Autodesk platform to manage their buildings  only to find out that the latest version of this platform  (Autodesk Construction Cloud) is totally useless without mobile acccess.

Thanks Autodesk! And by the way also thanks for the 20.000 euro bill you just sent me.

Greetings from a really happy customer!

lukas_v
Contributor

@HansZeeuwe2 

I don't understand how an ACC can be considered a CDE when it doesn't have a mobile version (for offline access, etc.).

Autodesk, look at Dalux, it's a real CDE...

Sguilliers
Explorer

Where is the App? I work with an architect that start all the new project in ACC but without an App that a waste of time. Not even talking about "issues" functionality. STAY ON BIM360 and forget ACC. what a waste of time and money.

pablo
Participant

This is the main reason I'm holding back the implementation of ACC on my firm. I used the trial versions, and logging in ACC on an iPad Browser works only to visualize models and plans, but forget about mark ups and adding issues (It only recognizes an actual click from a trackpad or mouse, a tap or Apple Pencil doesn't do the trick). An app would be much better, because you would be able to download projects, plus a better integration with the Apple Pencil. 

The most annoying thing is that Autodesk has the product (PlanGrid App), they just reserved it for Autodesk Build (also got a trial). For some reason they assumed that designers don't go to the field and don't need to annotate or add issues on an iPad. Even if we thought it's reasonable to pay an extra for Autodesk Build, it wouldn't work because MarkUps would only be visible on Build Sheets, but we need to annotate during the design process on mobile too. This needs to be solved ASAP.

rebeccadavidson
Explorer

Shocking that the app for collaboration doesn't exist... so confusing. So many clients/engineers/etc. would want to access files from mobile devices and designers would want to have capability to cross compare when not at a desk. Pretty sure Autodesk makes enough money to throw a little bit more at a mobile friendly version of this. 

HansZeeuwe2
Explorer
As far as I know it does exist. They just put it in the Build environment
pablo
Participant

@HansZeeuwe2 Exactly, without access during the design process. Designers and engineers usually don't have access to Autodesk Build, we need it in BIM Collaborate.

Chad-Smith
Advisor

This was addressed mid last year.

https://constructionblog.autodesk.com/autodesk-construction-may-2022-releases/#docs

It's just not so obvious as the app is still called Plangrid rather than ACC.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report