cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACC // Markup functionality within the Takeoff module

ACC // Markup functionality within the Takeoff module

Provide Markup functionality within the Takeoff module on ACC:

• Currently you can only add Markup’s in the Docs Module
  • If you now publish a PDF drawing (with markup’s) from Files to Takeoff Sheets & Models, the Markup’s are not transferred
  • It is currently not possible to make Markup’s on Sheets in the Takeoff module itself

To have the Markup functionality available inside the Takeoff module on ACC would be a great benefit when working as a team with multiple people within the Takeoff module.

1 Comment
Chad-Smith
Advisor

This, unfortunately, is a symptom of the fragmented nature of ACC. The hard-lined separation between the design and build stages, with separate container stores, doesn't create an efficient flow of data. Which is ironic for a platform that promotes centralisation and removing duplication.

A large part of this problem is the lack of 'Sheets' in Docs. I have written a more ambitious Idea regarding the improvement of the design stage, to then more efficiently allow data (such as markups) to flow into the build stage.

It's time to consolidate Docs + Design Collaboration + Model Coordination

I would prefer to see the core issue resolve, i.e. have Sheet in Docs, rather than a feature duplication to band-aid elsewhere.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report