Community
BIM 360 API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s BIM 360 API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular BIM 360 API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why I get complained about "Max retries exceeded with url: /api/get_issues"

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
46642 Views, 5 Replies

Why I get complained about "Max retries exceeded with url: /api/get_issues"

We have one very frequent error when my python program called your API-endpoints (get_issues  & get_equipment)  :

Exception Error when running API to grab Issue JSON data !

Error (REQUEST): HTTPSConnectionPool(host='bim360field.autodesk.com', port=443):

Max retries exceeded with url: /api/get_issues (Caused by ProxyError('Cannot connect to proxy.', error("(104, 'ECONNRESET')",)))

Exception Error when running API to grab Equipment JSON data !

Error (REQUEST): HTTPSConnectionPool(host='bim360field.autodesk.com', port=443):

Max retries exceeded with url: /api/get_equipment (Caused by ProxyError('Cannot connect to proxy.', error("(104, 'ECONNRESET')",)))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wonder if there is a limit to make those API-calls daily. Otherwise, I will not receive the message ‘Max retries exceeded’

If so, what is the limit number for one day?

And such error always happen when I used such API end-points with the expectation of

large number of records returned 

Please advice! thanks much !!!

Ryan

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Takes really really long time to get a 'legitimate' answer here. 

I submitted one question 2 weeks ago, no response!  Not even a follow-up question for clarification of what I mean !  

frustrated

Message 3 of 6
mikako_harada

Hi Ryan, 

There is no mechanism built into the Field (classic) API to limit API calls.  I checked with the product team to confirm. 

I don't know Python.  But I googled with keywords in the error message.  I saw some reporting similar error messages.

You may want to try stackoverflow for programming question.  e.g.,  

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/43165341/python3-requests-connectionerror-connection-aborted-ose...

Mikako Harada
Developer Technical Services
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: mikako_harada

'ECONNRESET' is the consequence (=> get the connection terminated)

but 'Max retries' is the reason.... I got from your API endpoints. I think it's proprietary. 

and you have no clue for that?  that's not convincing. Can you elaborate more?  thanks much !!

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

I found the reason, it is because of the limit of inflow data-size in our proxy.

Instead of one single API call for returning all EQUIPMENT's attachment data of one project,

i need to break it down as a loop with parameters offset & limit set as 30. 

The reason 'Max retries exceeded' is definitely misleading.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

can you provide the code?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report