Community
BIM 360 API Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s BIM 360 API Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular BIM 360 API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set multiple services permissions at the same time for several users ?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1248 Views, 4 Replies

How to set multiple services permissions at the same time for several users ?

Hello,

I have some problems in adding users into BIM 360 services of a new project by using the API.
What I want to do is for each service in a new project (Docs, Field Man.,...) add an admin and a group of standard users.

What we want to do using the API:

• Create new project (This is working fine)
  • Activate services like Doc. Man., Field Man., ... and adding an Administrator (This is working fine)
  • Add normal project members to these services: It seems that this is not working as expected. Although this can be done for the Document Management service

We don't see how we can add standard users to the other services like Field man.

So our main problem is: We don't see any way to add in one action a bunch of standard users to Doc. man. and Field man. at once.

How do we need to do this?

We already tried the following but without the outcome we want to have:

• Use first the call to activate the service with 1 admin and after that use the other call to add standard users to the service.

This is working fine but the call to add standard users can only be used for the Document Management service.
It seems that there are no calls available to add standard users to other services like Field Management.

Any solutions ?

Many thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mikako_harada
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi HerveStugalux, 

Unfortunately, it's a current limitation.  Services on top of Docs are not added, yet.  I will file a wish for this. 

Update: I have logged an API wish:

HQ-3034 -- API wish: adding users beyond Docs

Mikako Harada
Developer Technical Services
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Hi @mikako_harada , I was just wondering if there was any plans to expand on the services that are available to add users to? From what I can tell, only project_administration and document_management are available. Any timeline for adding design collaboration access?

Message 4 of 5
mikako_harada

I know the pain.  Many companies are asking about it.  Unfortunately, this still remains as a wish. The last time I asked, which was two weeks ago or so, the product team indicated that they were hoping to address this after AU timeframe.  That said, as always, we cannot promise. We really need to see it as things are always moving.

But thank you for checking.  We will use this as another opportunity to remind the product team.        

Mikako Harada
Developer Technical Services
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: mikako_harada

No worries @mikako_harada, I appreciate the update! Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report