Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

varying user-data count wrong

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
horst.pansen
299 Views, 4 Replies

varying user-data count wrong

So I spawn particles on a surface, create particle trails and convert them into strands. The material color is driven by aiuserdatacolor which gets its color from vertex paint. Arnold doesn't render the strands in the "vertex color" but only in standart aisurface color.

It gives me this error: // Warning: WARNING | input0_0_0_graph_outputs_0_strands: varying user-data count wrong! (found 10500 expected 11700) -- disabling user-data 'color'

As soon as I disable "Lable point ID" Arnold renders the correct color, but it doesn't give me the wanted simulation results.

In addition, the particles render the correct color, as soon as I disable strands (with Lable point ID enabled)

Last but not least, it used to render correctly some months ago, when I first made this graph.

Edit: As soon as I pause the sim and disconnect the surface on which the particles spawn, and then resume the sim  just for a frame (or longer), the strands render with the correct color. XD

Any help would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
sepu6
in reply to: horst.pansen

Arnold as far as I know, does not render if the strands have less than 4 pts. In Vray when I render strands this is not an issue, so is an Arnold issue, maybe this has been fixed on the latest, but I have not checked. 

Also post your scene, is easier to help

Message 3 of 5
horst.pansen
in reply to: sepu6

sorry for the belated reply. attached the scene file.

thanks for your help!

Message 4 of 5
sepu6
in reply to: horst.pansen

add a resample and that should do it. 

maya_GnWKcdk7HC.png

maya_QzO2bS1BCd.png

Message 5 of 5
horst.pansen
in reply to: sepu6

That worked like a charm,

thank you very much for your help! Didn't even know this node existed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report