Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Render Simulations made with the Bifrost Graph Editor

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
979 Views, 4 Replies

Unable to Render Simulations made with the Bifrost Graph Editor

There must be a simple solution to my problem. I finished making a simulation with the Bifrost Graph Editor and now I simply want to render what I have made using Arnold. When I attempt to render the scene, none of the Bifrost elements appear at all. Likewise, if I try rendering any of the pre-made examples in the Bifrost Browser, they also do not show up in Arnold at all.

What does work for me, is the Bifrost Fluids. I can make an aero or liquid simulation without any problems, but anything created in the Graph Editor fails to appear in Arnold.

I recently reinstalled Maya 2019 and it is in its default settings. I am using the latest Arnold 4.0.4. In the tutorials I have watched, the people creating the videos don't seem to have any issue with rendering. I have to assume this is a common issue, but haven't found anything online to addressing my particular issues. 

Thank you for any insight into fixing this. 
Tags (2)
Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Christoph_Schaedl
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you installed the latest Bifrost version?

Its a separat download.

https://area.autodesk.com/bifrost/downloads/?_ga=2.227094042.600620976.1599638377-906472778.15996383...

Make sure all bifrost plugins are loaded.

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://linktr.ee/cg_oglu
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Christoph_Schaedl

That's the solution, thank you. I updated Arnold and re-installed Maya, but didn't think to update Bifrost. Thank you 

Message 4 of 5

My bifrost is the latest version, maya2018, and the Arnold version is 3.2.2. I also encountered the same problem and cannot render the content made in bifrost.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I struggled with the same issue. This works for me too.

Thank you all.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report