Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyframe source object for MPM to follow

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ken_geary
230 Views, 1 Reply

Keyframe source object for MPM to follow

Hello,

I'm trying to have control on how a simple object (sphere for example) can be keyframe animated and when a mpm Snow Bifrost graph is connected to it, the snow follows where the sphere goes.  I looked over the snowball graph from the browser but the MPM snow is given a velocity and direction for it's movement, I want control over the movement using keyframes...  Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
bugsdabunny
in reply to: ken_geary

You could scatter some snow onto your sphere using set_instance_geometry and the scatter points node. then it will follow your object. If you want it simulate and fly off your object while its moving through the air I guess you will have to set the initial velocity to 0 and use the mpm solver you saw in the example graphs

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums