Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Separate Mesh into connected faces

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
juan.apestegui
162 Views, 2 Replies

Separate Mesh into connected faces

Hi everyone. I'm working in procedural mesh with Bifrost and wanted to be able to separate a mesh into an array of objects, each based on their connected adjacent faces: 

juanapestegui_0-1642445179864.png

E.g. I want an array of 5 objects from that one mesh in the image above.

I've been trying to collect the Face Offset indices when they share a Face Vertex, but I'm afraid my logic doesn't come through for making that loop. I'm not that experienced working with loops. I've been more on the artistic side of maya until a year and a half ago. 

Please, let me know if this makes sense and any ideas on collecting these faces into groups. 

Thanks a lot!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Are you looking for something like the "Mesh-Separate" function in Maya?

Message 3 of 3

Yes exactly. After posting this one, I came across this thread https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/bifrost-forum/seperate-with-bifrost/td-p/9872247, and Maxime's solution works quite fine. I'm having trouble with one object specifically that doesn't separate correctly. It seems there was a conversation about including this function as a C++ node in Bifrost. Sadly I haven't seen anything else other than Maxime's 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report