Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orient instances to camera

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
rstefan
294 Views, 3 Replies

Orient instances to camera

Hi, as the title says, I'm trying to orient the instances so that they are always facing the camera.
I searched the forum for something similar but without success and my knowledge in bifrost is limited. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
sepu6
in reply to: rstefan

Here you go, connect the camera world matrix to the graph then you basically have to subtract the camera point position from the instances point position then use the normal and tangent to orientation to create a quaternion, and then you set it to the instances. 

maya_tKlSABq6im.png

Message 3 of 4
rstefan
in reply to: sepu6

Thanks a lot, Sepu! It is working-nicely done.  Although I had to replace the compound "get_point_structure" with get point count and get point position. 

Message 4 of 4
sepu6
in reply to: rstefan

Great! - get_point_structure is new to the latest version of BF 2.7.1 which I recommend if you can upgrade. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report