Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emit emission from ramp

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Seb_ABF
207 Views, 2 Replies

Emit emission from ramp

Hello,

I'd like to be able to use a ramp as a source of particles emmision with bifrost, is this possible?

Basically, I have an elongated character, from it's tail I'd like particles to be emitted - and for the amount of particles being emitted to fade from 1-0 up the character rather than just being cut off at a specific point up the body. I was hoping to use a ramp (that uses the model's UV's) to control this.

I have tried using Maya's nParticles for this, although I couldn't seem to figure out how to make it's particles decrease in size and opacity over their life time, and it was a bit buggier than particle sims that I've managed with Bifrost before...

Any quick help would be greatly appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Christoph_Schaedl
in reply to: Seb_ABF

You have to bake the ramp into vertexcolors. That should do it.

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://linktr.ee/cg_oglu
Message 3 of 3
Seb_ABF
in reply to: Seb_ABF

Thank you, I'll see if I can figure that out!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report