Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display colors channels not displaying on bifrost mesh!

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jmollot
967 Views, 4 Replies

Display colors channels not displaying on bifrost mesh!

When I click on "Display colors" under Mesh component display for my bifrost mesh cache I expected to see the velocity, vorticity, etc. color channels. But nothing happens. In the color set editor it seems to register that the information is there, but nothing displays when I toggle on display colors. Any thoughts?

Labels (5)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Christoph_Schaedl
in reply to: jmollot

Could you explain your issue a bit further maybe with some screengrabs.

Im not sure what you are trying todo.

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://linktr.ee/cg_oglu
Message 3 of 5
jmollot
in reply to: Christoph_Schaedl

Attaching two screenshots, one of how color channels (velocity, vorticity, etc.) are supposed to be displayed in Maya, and the other is my project where I checked display colors but nothing happened. Also you can see that the color set editor does say I have those channels available. It just doesn't seem to display them. The ultimate goal of having those channels is to create a layered texture mask so that the fluid can have a different color where the water has a higher velocity, vorticity, etc. 

Message 4 of 5
Grahame_Fuller
in reply to: jmollot

Hi,

In the Attribute Editor for bifrostLiquid1MeshShape, expand Mesh Controls and make sure that Current Color Set is set to the colors you want to see, such as bifrost_vorticity (you can also use bifrostVorticity — Bifrost Fluids understands these as synonyms).

To see the colors, you may also need to temporarily change the liquid mesh's material to something like Lambert because the colors don't seem to display with aiStandardSurface. Now you should be able to see the colors using Mesh Display > Toggle Display Colors Atttribute.

Let me know if that helps,

gray

Grahame Fuller
Learning Content Developer
Message 5 of 5
jmollot
in reply to: Grahame_Fuller

Changing to Lambert worked!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report