Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detect Property change state

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
absudario
328 Views, 5 Replies

Detect Property change state

This is a naive approach on how to get a value from previous frame but it is returning always 0.

I want to trigger an animation after some property changes, say, from 1 to 0.

change state.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
sepu6
in reply to: absudario

Not sure exactly what you want to do here. Do you want to use this property to emit particles?  Do you have a solver prior to this that is activating points?  What is that pass node doing? 

Message 3 of 6
absudario
in reply to: sepu6

I just wanted to create a fade effect, very simple.

The pass introduces a number switching from 0 to 1 every n frames. Say a 30 frames interval.

"emission" property would be immediately "1" when pass is 1. But when pass switches to "0", I wanted to "decay" the emission gradually subtracting a value from it every frame... I was trying to use "iteration", to get something simpler than what is seen on the "simulation example" node, but I am not used to the syntax here so it is taking a time to figure it out.

Message 4 of 6
sepu6

Here is a quick example using the simulation example (which is just a solver) I put notes on the graph. Press play. 

maya_OlqsT2FZQZ.gif

Message 5 of 6
absudario
in reply to: sepu6

Thank you. I will check your file.
Meanwhile I was also trying to dectect the change in state, my mistake by studing the "simulation_example" node was that the icons of state ports made me believe the node was some sort of "iteration" node. I assumed there could be a case where you delete current_index, or max_iteration on that a iteration node. This is my attemp to work around the problem - needs clean 

decay.png

Message 6 of 6
sepu6

Yeah, the iteration could be used as a solver. you can always delete the max iterations and current index if you do not need them and just create a feedback port. The simulation example just provides an easy way to create a solver which adds some nice functionality. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report