Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create weightmap based on proximity

25 REPLIES 25
SOLVED
Message 1 of 26
userX4542
4464 Views, 25 Replies

create weightmap based on proximity

Hey,

I would like to create a weightmap based on the proximity between two objects (closest location). The closer the objects are to eachother, the higher the values should be.

I tried following the transfer CPV data tutorial on youtube and downloaded the compound but it doesnt seem to work for me. No colours appear. Also, I don't want to transfer colorset data, I just want to create it. 

Ultimately I would like this to be live and usuable in a shader network. 

Thanks!

25 REPLIES 25
Message 21 of 26
darioOrtisi
in reply to: userX4542

Hi @mjcg91 

There is a way to falloff overtime. Not only accumulate but i will like to have something  like dissipation over time?

I suppose is the same method with range and if accumulate over, but i don't get over this idea.

Thanks

Message 22 of 26

Hello @darioOrtisi,

You can do that to fade values over time. It will eventually clamp to 0 (black). the rate value means how much the value should face per second. If set to 1, a white point will become black in 1 second. 0.5 in 2 seconds...etc

maxime_jeanm_0-1679326291103.png

Maxime Jeanmougin
Software Development Engineer
Message 23 of 26
darioOrtisi

The idea I got looks good but my implementation sucks.  Thanks Maxime, i will try to understand how to make wipe inverted but blend togheter.

Message 24 of 26

Can you share this file?

Message 25 of 26
darioOrtisi

@multimediadungpro 

Unfortunately i don't have this scene anymore. Failed backup.

Anyway, this scene get the principle that are on the basic scene posted inside this thread. Nothing more then.

Message 26 of 26
SpiritLevelJulian
in reply to: mjcg91

Hi @mjcg91

this technique is fantastic - thank you for showing us. I would like to get the resulting colour property out of the bifrost graph and access it as a connectible doubleArray map attribute for other uses. I cannot figure out how to do that, are you able to help and give me an example please? Or anyone else who knows! I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you in advance!

-julian

Julian Butler

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report