Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brifrost Freezing basic Particle emitter

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
311 Views, 1 Reply

Brifrost Freezing basic Particle emitter

Hi all, 

I'm looking to freeze a bifrost basic particle emitter so I can get the 'bullet time' effect by swinging a camera on a motion path around the sim, while it's frozen, and then continuing the animation. I've tried disconnecting the time node from the bifrost emitter which works but my surface, a sphere on a motion path, continues to move. I've resolved that bu moving the motion path endpoint and adjusting the frame number to stop the sphere at a specified point on the motion path however the particle emitter keeps, well emitting. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. 

Maya 2020.4 | OS 10.14.6

2013 Mac Pro 12 core 64gb

Labels (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
doppelgaenger_digital
in reply to: Anonymous

there is a simulation speed setting in the solver node, i think.

you could try to hook it up to an input node and keyframe it in the bifrost shape.

edit: you can start and stop the simulation like this. it fades in and out, according to you animation curve. take a look at the screenshot.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report