Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bifrost-USD Creation of Materials

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
zs009JL53P
219 Views, 1 Reply

Bifrost-USD Creation of Materials

Hello, I have been trying to integrate materials within Bifrost USD for some time now. As far I know, it is only possible to add one Texture as the base color inside the UsdPreviewMaterial.

I have made many research on google however I could not find a solution. I want to insert textures such as Roughness/Metal/Diffuse textures (as png), but there is no possibility within Bifrost, only values within the UsdPreviewMaterial can be set.

One option would of course be to assign materials to an object inside the Maya file and then export/import that object as an USD Object within Bifrost, however I am aiming to be able to change the textures inside Bifrost-USD.

I hope someone can help me

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
sepu6
in reply to: zs009JL53P

Correct - Right now you gotta edit the compound and add the texture path for the rest yourself and save it. You can go inside the node and see how it was done and repeat the process for the rest. 

I asked the developers for this to be done as well - Hopefully, this will come soon in an update. But for now, you gotta do what I said. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report