Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bifrost Procedural Crowd System

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
sachin.shrestha
715 Views, 1 Reply

Bifrost Procedural Crowd System

A quick "crowd" system I created couple of nights ago as a closer to my Autodesk India Bifrost webinar. This is my hat-tip to and applause for the Bifrost dev and support team who have put in a great deal of effort to push Maya towards its next big leap!

There are obvious problems with the setup as you can see some characters penetrate with the stadium mesh and I may not have enough motion cycles to further randomize the animation. Motion cycles are free samples from Mixamo (but you could use anything) converted to alembics and time offset in bifrost. I extract curves from the stadium mesh edges, feed that into bifrost as strands and instance the time offset motion alembics onto the strand points, fix the orientation for the points so that the crowd instances points inwards towards the stadium center and done!

Rendered in Arnold GPU with default preview settings and denoiser. Thank you again bifrost team for all the hard work that you've put in for us. I cannot even articulate how excited I am about bifrost!

Cheers,

Sachin

Labels (2)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mihirsbcc
in reply to: sachin.shrestha

Softimage ICE crowd fx was awesome. Yours looks great.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report