Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Bifrost) Particles> LevelSet> Mesh> MayaMesh ..with VelocityPV colorSet

42 REPLIES 42
SOLVED
Message 1 of 43
Anonymous
6116 Views, 42 Replies

(Bifrost) Particles> LevelSet> Mesh> MayaMesh ..with VelocityPV colorSet

Hello there,

Trying to save out ABC files of meshed particles with velocityPV from bifrost graph.    Failing dismally, I'm afraid.

We need it to be an ABC of a polySurface in order to render with  VRay.   Motion blur is vital to the project

We were previously doing it with nParticles, which just does the velocityPV  automatically when using the  motionVectorColorSet attribute during export .   Can't wrap my head around how to do this in bifrost graph though with bifrostGeoToMaya prior to ABC export.   

Is there anyone who can advise me on the right approach here? 
  (says me, suspecting @syracoj is the man who knows everything)

42 REPLIES 42
Message 41 of 43
a.mayaUser
in reply to: syracoj

Just tested the alembic and it's working okay.

Also the multiplier for the motion blur scale/length is working.

Here's in the image of the graph.

velocity_multiplier.png

Again, thank you very much for the excellent support @syracoj !

Message 42 of 43
syracoj
in reply to: Anonymous

Regarding:
"- should I add the motionVectorColorSet from the alembic export, or it is automatic if I just leave the tick on Write Color Sets options?"

I'm not sure off the top of my head. When you say Alembic Export are you refering to using the in-graph write_alembic node? It may work using that color set option. If it doesn't though, since you are passing the data to a Maya mesh via BifrostGeoToMaya you could use Maya's Alembic and see if it's 'write color sets' data works. Either way, try it and see what happens.

Glad to hear you are unblocked.

Message 43 of 43
a.mayaUser
in reply to: syracoj

Yes I was referring the Maya alembic exporter, I already tested it (see prev. post) and it's working. The multiplier for the mb length also is working. The in graph exporter doesn't the same way though.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report