Community
Bifrost Forum
Welcome to the Bifrost Forum. This is the place for artists using Bifrost to ask and answer questions, browse popular topics, and share knowledge about creating effects procedurally using Bifrost. You can also visit the Bifrost Community on AREA to download an array of ready-to-use graphs, read Bifrost news and updates, and find the latest tutorials.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bifrost develops lightning tool demo 1

138 REPLIES 138
Message 1 of 139
Bruce.Lee.
30088 Views, 138 Replies

Bifrost develops lightning tool demo 1

HI,
Lightning tool developed using Bifrost 2.1 version point cloud. And, I used this tool to make the first demo. You need Bifrost 2.1 version and Rebel Pack 0.3.0 to run this tool.

This is only the first version, and I hope to update it in the future. My goal is to make it easy for everyone to create any type of lightning effect.
Of course, I also hope that the official BIfrost team can release better lightning tools in the future.

I upload the file here. And, I will upload it in the compound sharing area.
Please enjoy!

Thanks!

Demo:

Tutorial:

138 REPLIES 138
Message 2 of 139
mjcg91
in reply to: Bruce.Lee.

Great work Bruce.

Maxime Jeanmougin - Technical Artist
https://maximejeanmougin.com

Join the Bifrost Addicts community on Discord:
https://discord.gg/bifrost-addicts
Message 3 of 139

Thanks thats great!

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://linktr.ee/cg_oglu
Tags (1)
Message 4 of 139

Amazing! Great work and thank you!

Message 5 of 139
PhilRadford

Amazing Bruce ! Thanks for showing us your workflow. That's quite a graph !!

Message 6 of 139
takashima.

Great work! Thank you for sharing 🙂

Message 7 of 139
Bruce.Lee.

thank you all! I have a plan, hoping to make this tool more flexible. I will continue to do it. I also hope that more people can participate in the tool production process. Everything is developing in a better direction 🙂

Message 8 of 139
PhilRadford

This is what will make Bifrost great. Lot's of people creating compounds so that when you want to make something cool you wont always have to go deep . The artist will have loads of compounds as a starting point . Iv'e started to create a whole library of artist friendly compounds for myself, made from different elements from different compounds and other peoples scenes . Even something simple like creating an mpm sand set up I have turned into a single compound and published it so that I don't have to create a simulate mpm node and a mpm solver node every time I want to use mpm . So much like houdini we will have a whole bunch of compounds ready to go . What I am enjoying is going deep into other artists graphs and some of my own and grabbing certain groups of nodes that do certain things and publishing compounds and then mixing these with other compounds, it's great ! great work dude !

Message 9 of 139
Qu!ck

Hi. Great tool. Is it possible to convert lighting to mesh or curves?

Message 10 of 139
a_baranov
in reply to: Qu!ck

Hi, thanks for the great compoud. But is there a way to render it not with arnold but redshift? Can I convert lightning to mesh or something, that other renderer can see? 

Thank you!

Message 11 of 139
Bruce.Lee.

Hi,
You can use the "write_Alembic" node. Export the strands into a single abc file. (Be sure to check the "write_single_file" option.)
Then in the top menu of Maya: Cache> Alembic Cache> Import Alembic. The strands will be imported into Maya as curves. Finally, render with any renderer.

QQ截图20200809114433.png

Message 12 of 139
Bruce.Lee.
in reply to: a_baranov

As mentioned above.

Message 13 of 139
Qu!ck

I'd tried this. Write_Alembik node have strange behavior. It write equal to or less  number curves then was in the first frame. Same for particles too

Message 14 of 139
Bruce.Lee.

Hi,
This is a sample file. It works normally.

Message 15 of 139
Bruce.Lee.

Bifrost can export particles as abc files. However, Maya cannot read particle files in abc format due to its own limitations.

Message 16 of 139
a_baranov

Thank you for this workaround! Will try to use it. 😉

Message 17 of 139
Qu!ck

Yes. But try this :

Message 18 of 139
a_baranov

Thank you!

PS. Too bad that in current version of BGraph we have no ability to connect strands dirrectly to maya curves or at least to hair system. It could save a lot of time. 😞

Message 19 of 139

use "extrude strands"(MJCG compounds's node)  export  mesh  ,

the "levle1" channel can't render in arnold .

the "body" channel can render in arnold .

Message 20 of 139
a_baranov
in reply to: 286380064

Thank you so much again and again.

Looks like this tecnique works completely as I wanted in redshift. Even UVs are there. I've managed to work level1,2,3 and body. Something is strange when you try to playback when every extruded tube is visible, but once you render frame by frame everything is good.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report