Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what type of pc are you running

19 REPLIES 19
Message 1 of 20
Anonymous
270 Views, 19 Replies

what type of pc are you running

Ok. My company wishes to talk to a fellow who sells Daewoo computers. I said I would prefer to stay within the bondaries of what the industry is using. What type of PC is your office running.
19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Officemade PC Recipe (Just kidding) Item Value OS Name Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Version 5.0.2195 Service Pack 4 Build 2195 OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name office System Manufacturer Dell Computer Corporation System Type X86-based PC Processor x86 Family 6 Model 7 Stepping 3 GenuineIntel ~548 Mhz BIOS Version PhoenixBIOS 4.0 Release 6.0 Windows Directory C:\WINNT Locale United States Time Zone Central Standard Time Total Physical Memory 130,596 KB Available Physical Memory 10,676 KB Total Virtual Memory 2,292,680 KB Available Virtual Memory 1,966,884 KB Page File Space 2,162,084 KB I know old PC. Khan "LandMan" wrote in message news:401950e6_2@newsprd01... > Ok. My company wishes to talk to a fellow who sells Daewoo computers. I said > I would prefer to stay within the bondaries of what the industry is using. > What type of PC is your office running. > >
Message 3 of 20
Anonymous

We have been buying Micron computers for the last 6 years. I have been extremely impressed with them and their support. If something goes out, they ship me a new part immediately, no questions asked. Below is for your comparison while researching computers. I just received this computer 2 days ago so the price should still be current. Happy hunting! Andy Ordered Quantity Item Number Description Unit Price Net Price 1 MIL799 Configuration MILLENNIA 920i XTREME (D500N) 1,491.00 1,491.00 1 - CSE001660-00 Case Minitower Millennia-D 1 - CPU002294-00 Processor Intel Pentium 4 Processor 3.00GHz w/HT (800FSB)(512K cache) 1 - MOD002088-00 Memory 1024MB Dual Channel DDR400 SDRAM- 2 DIMMs 1 - HDT001017-00 Hard Drive Free upgrade to 120GB SATA-150 8MB Cache Hard Drive (7200RPM) 1 - CCD002020-00 Controller Card Integrated ATA-100 Controller 1 - FDD001083-00 Floppy Drive 1.44MB 3.5" Floppy Drive (D) 1 - CDI001344-00 Cd Rom Drive Customer Selects No Additional Optical Drive 1 - CDC001006-00 Cd Rom Drive Free Upgrade to 48X24X48X/16X CDRW/DVD Combo Drive W/Nero Express WinDVD4 and 1 CD Rewriteable 1 - VCD001561-00 Video Card Customer Selects No Video Editing Solution 1 - VCD001706-00 Video Card 256MB DDR nVidia GeforceFX 5600 8xAGP Card w/(VGA, DVI-I,and TV-out) 1 - MN0000 Monitor Customer Selects No Monitor 1 - KBR001149-00 Keyboard Microsoft Multimedia Keyboard 1 - MOU001073-00 Mouse MPC standard mouse pad 1 - MOU001080-00 Mouse Microsoft Optical Wheel Mouse 1 - SFO002101-00 Oem Software No Norton AntiVirus Option 1 - SW0000 Oem Software No software ordered 1 - SFO002595-00 Oem Software No Misc Software Ordered 1 - OSS001369-00 Operating System Software Microsoft(R) Windows(R) XP Professional w/SP1 1 - SCM001522-00 Sound Card Integrated Flex 6 Audio 1 - SPK001016-00 Speaker 2-piece PC Speaker System 1 - MO0000 Modem Customer Selects No Modem 1 - PWS001136-00 Power Supply 300 Watt 12V Power Supply 1 - RMI001023-00 Removable Magnetic Media Device Customer Selects No Zip 1 - NWO001554-00 Network Card Option Intel Integrated Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000) Network Connection 1 - SPS002866-00 Labor/Service Option Thank You For Your Business 1 - BIO001129-00 Labor/Service Option Millennia 920i System BIOS 1 - LAA001598-00 Asset Labels None Customer selects no Asset Tag 1 - SVC003048-00 Warranty/Services DT 1st-3rd Yr Parts & Tech Support Only (MPC) 1 MMP001134-00 Speaker Customer does not select Premium Speaker FOB Status Origin Sale Amount 1,491.00 Shipping/Handling 0.00 Total Sales Tax 0.00 Total 1,491.00
Message 4 of 20
Anonymous

didnt Daewoo make cars for 2 weeks or something and burn out of business?... i wouldnt go that route, i'd build my own like we do here, or go to DELL or Gateway (refer to old posts for pro's and con's, i dont wanna start another shouting match about these 2 companies)....
Message 5 of 20
Anonymous

"Steven Eric Ondrias" wrote in message news:40196299_1@newsprd01... > didnt Daewoo make cars for 2 weeks or something and burn out of business?... I think they make assault rifles too.
Message 6 of 20
Anonymous

And Monitors and Stereos and Construction Equipment....Daewoo is a serious player, just not in this market. I wouldn't be so quick to judge based on the name. But I still buy Dells, so... -- James Wedding, P.E. IT Manager Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/1 on P4-1.6/512 LDT2004+C3D
Message 7 of 20
Anonymous

:) they into bottled water too?...
Message 8 of 20
Anonymous

Compaq. -beau
Message 9 of 20
Anonymous

COMPAQ! OMG. - Run away Build your own. Usually cheaper. "bturner" wrote in message news:40197c57_3@newsprd01... > Compaq. > > -beau > >
Message 10 of 20
Anonymous

their servers are good... Compaq's that is...
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous

We buy only Dell here; PCs and laptops. Well, there are a couple of rogue HPs, but they are often having problems. Seriously. (Not trying to slam on HP, but these PCs are freaky.) They are near the top of the replacement list; will be replaced with Dells.
Don't want to open the argument up, but our experience with Dell has been nothing but great. I know there are some who will disagree, but for us - no problems.
Message was edited by: slacker
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous

Don't buy anything until after Monday, when Intel and AMD release latest and greatest processors. The prices are due to drop on all current models, so just be patient. Just my $0.02 Dave "LandMan" wrote in message news:401950e6_2@newsprd01... > Ok. My company wishes to talk to a fellow who sells Daewoo computers. I said > I would prefer to stay within the bondaries of what the industry is using. > What type of PC is your office running. > >
Message 13 of 20
Anonymous

My experience with Dell is less than acceptable. We use Microns. "James Wedding" wrote in message news:4019696e$1_3@newsprd01... > And Monitors and Stereos and Construction Equipment....Daewoo is a serious > player, just not in this market. I wouldn't be so quick to judge based on > the name. > > But I still buy Dells, so... > > -- > James Wedding, P.E. > IT Manager > Jones & Boyd, Inc. > Dallas, TX > XP/1 on P4-1.6/512 > LDT2004+C3D > >
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous

XI Computers puts good systems together for reasonable money. LandMan wrote in message news:401950e6_2@newsprd01... | Ok. My company wishes to talk to a fellow who sells Daewoo computers. I said | I would prefer to stay within the bondaries of what the industry is using. | What type of PC is your office running. | |
Message 15 of 20
Anonymous

Dell is horrible. Don't waste your money. Look at the HP's or build your own. "Randall Culp" wrote in message news:4019a6f6_3@newsprd01... > My experience with Dell is less than acceptable. We use Microns. > > "James Wedding" wrote in message > news:4019696e$1_3@newsprd01... > > And Monitors and Stereos and Construction Equipment....Daewoo is a serious > > player, just not in this market. I wouldn't be so quick to judge based on > > the name. > > > > But I still buy Dells, so... > > > > -- > > James Wedding, P.E. > > IT Manager > > Jones & Boyd, Inc. > > Dallas, TX > > XP/1 on P4-1.6/512 > > LDT2004+C3D > > > > > >
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous

Yeah, AMD is going to drop prices 35% when Intel releases their new cpu on Monday! I love it!! "Dave Mullins" wrote in message news:4019a460$1_3@newsprd01... > Don't buy anything until after Monday, when Intel and AMD release latest and > greatest processors. > The prices are due to drop on all current models, so just be patient. > Just my $0.02 > > Dave > > > "LandMan" wrote in message > news:401950e6_2@newsprd01... > > Ok. My company wishes to talk to a fellow who sells Daewoo computers. I > said > > I would prefer to stay within the bondaries of what the industry is using. > > What type of PC is your office running. > > > > > >
Message 17 of 20
Anonymous

?????!!!!!! I can not stand HP's - the 3 we bought work better as anchors. We buy either purpose built Premio's (very nice) or Dell's - their financing works better for our beancounter. The dell's we have and my personal machine at home work great and can be upgraded without having to buy mfr parts. Of course now we have our own little in-house comp. guru - can build a top of the line all the bells and whitles desktop for $900. Matt "Ti" wrote in message news:401a490c$1_3@newsprd01... > Dell is horrible. Don't waste your money. Look at the HP's or build your > own. > > "Randall Culp" wrote in message > news:4019a6f6_3@newsprd01... > > My experience with Dell is less than acceptable. We use Microns. > > > > "James Wedding" wrote in message > > news:4019696e$1_3@newsprd01... > > > And Monitors and Stereos and Construction Equipment....Daewoo is a > serious > > > player, just not in this market. I wouldn't be so quick to judge based > on > > > the name. > > > > > > But I still buy Dells, so... > > > > > > -- > > > James Wedding, P.E. > > > IT Manager > > > Jones & Boyd, Inc. > > > Dallas, TX > > > XP/1 on P4-1.6/512 > > > LDT2004+C3D > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 18 of 20
Anonymous

Anybody can build a computer, it's incredibly simple. You have voided your warranty on your Dells. The HP workstations are some of the best on the market and they won't send you used parts. "Matt" wrote in message news:401a5565$1_1@newsprd01... > ?????!!!!!! > I can not stand HP's - the 3 we bought work better as anchors. We buy > either purpose built Premio's (very nice) or Dell's - their financing works > better for our beancounter. The dell's we have and my personal machine at > home work great and can be upgraded without having to buy mfr parts. Of > course now we have our own little in-house comp. guru - can build a top of > the line all the bells and whitles desktop for $900. > Matt > > "Ti" wrote in message > news:401a490c$1_3@newsprd01... > > Dell is horrible. Don't waste your money. Look at the HP's or build your > > own. > > > > "Randall Culp" wrote in message > > news:4019a6f6_3@newsprd01... > > > My experience with Dell is less than acceptable. We use Microns. > > > > > > "James Wedding" wrote in message > > > news:4019696e$1_3@newsprd01... > > > > And Monitors and Stereos and Construction Equipment....Daewoo is a > > serious > > > > player, just not in this market. I wouldn't be so quick to judge based > > on > > > > the name. > > > > > > > > But I still buy Dells, so... > > > > > > > > -- > > > > James Wedding, P.E. > > > > IT Manager > > > > Jones & Boyd, Inc. > > > > Dallas, TX > > > > XP/1 on P4-1.6/512 > > > > LDT2004+C3D > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous

> Anybody can build a computer, it's incredibly simple.< Given the time, yes. > You have voided your warranty on your Dells.< We have not updated any that are still under warranty. > The HP workstations are some of the best on the market< Matter of opinion. >...and they won't send you used parts.< What they will send you is parts, overinflated on price, and your screwed if you want to go down to your local computer parts store to pick up some cheap RAM. I'm happy that you feel confident in HP (I still like their printers) but based on my own personal experience, I will never buy another desktop from them. Matt
Message 20 of 20
Anonymous

No. HP will just send you parts that don't work!!! Both in the original P.C.s and as replacements. Out of 9 desktops purchased 3 years ago 6 have had hard drive failure. Two of them twice. One of the drives sent as replacements was D.O.I. (dead on installation). My 3 year old HP Visualize P Class has had every major component replaced. Including the power supply and the motherboard. The motherboard had to be replaced twice. They sent the wrong one the first time. I never had to worry about the warranty on my Dell Precision Workstations. We bought 4 six years ago and all are still in operation. Downgraded to functions other than CAD. HP makes great plotters, printers and calculators. They even made great Surveying equipment when they were still in that business. We've just never had any luck with their computers. I'm glad you have had success with them. Allen "Ti" wrote in message news:401a77ab_3@newsprd01... > Anybody can build a computer, it's incredibly simple. > You have voided your warranty on your Dells. > The HP workstations are some of the best on the market and they won't send > you used parts.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report