Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job security vs. paranoia?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
169 Views, 3 Replies

Job security vs. paranoia?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Message 3 of 4

Well...hehe... I know this thread is ancient history, but to stir things up a bit...follow this link to the user files. news:40198bb6_1@newsprd01... It seems that you haven't noticed Dean's contributions in this forum. Unprofessional??!!...Visiting his web-site may put things into perspective. Good or bad, Dean has contributed. Being so long a contributer to these forums he takes forgranted, maybe, that he is amungst a majority of friends. Opinionated or not, his productiveness seems to persevere through his opinion. The description of a Loner here applies to this gentleman to which he will be his own demise. This type of Loner serves no purpose in production...; That is the production of additonal knowledge. This is not to confuse the high-school loner (which I was), who matures and grows in mind, but is wary of other human interactions. No...this guy would have been more accurately referenced (my opinion), as a loser. We are who we are due to the combined collective sharing of information. This "Loner" is a kink that the machine will work itself out. He will either stay on top by reading forums like these and yet still hording information; Or he will flounder due to what so many here have already philosophied. ie., he will be his own demise, or success. We however should take it with a grain of salt. I too, know of one these types. I was shocked at first, but he's a fairly sociable guy, so our relationship hasn't changed. He still asks, and I still share. I don't bother asking him. Woudn't want to be a hypocrite. One day he called me from offsite to ask a question, and uncomfortable as he was, he tried to find a way to share a shortcut (and it was actually useful). He told me that I could switch between drawings using the CTRL+TAB key... Amazingly simple, but still, I didn't know it. I was overly thankful to him, and probably embarassed him as he quickly asked about my family and tried to end the call. Facts, are facts; Losers are losers; Loners are loners; Anoying opinionated awsome programmers are who they are. Do you hold it against them. I can't, because there was a time that I was no better than any/ or as good. See the link, and lighten up. news:40198bb6_1@newsprd01... Ricky M. Medley Houston, TX The original poster > Gee, the part of the post where Mr. Saadallah expressed his opinion was: > > "Loners are useless IMHO" > > Did you miss that? It is my opinion that that attitude is unprofessional.
Message 4 of 4

Since I started this thread, I'll put an end to it. The person mentioned was fired last week for not being a contributor (team player) and messing up a few drawings after being told to fix this and that about 14 times by the boss. We are now enjoying our smaller group, where are are all net contributors. Rick "Ricky M. Medley" wrote in message news:40198c6b_2@newsprd01... > Well...hehe... > > I know this thread is ancient history, but to stir things up a bit...follow > this link to the user files. > news:40198bb6_1@newsprd01... > > It seems that you haven't noticed Dean's contributions in this forum. > Unprofessional??!!...Visiting his web-site may put things into perspective. > Good or bad, Dean has contributed. Being so long a contributer to these > forums he takes forgranted, maybe, that he is amungst a majority of friends. > Opinionated or not, his productiveness seems to persevere through his > opinion. > The description of a Loner here applies to this gentleman to which he will > be his own demise. This type of Loner serves no purpose in production...; > That is the production of additonal knowledge. This is not to confuse the > high-school loner (which I was), who matures and grows in mind, but is wary > of other human interactions. No...this guy would have been more accurately > referenced (my opinion), as a loser. We are who we are due to the combined > collective sharing of information. This "Loner" is a kink that the machine > will work itself out. He will either stay on top by reading forums like > these and yet still hording information; Or he will flounder due to what so > many here have already philosophied. ie., he will be his own demise, or > success. > > We however should take it with a grain of salt. I too, know of one these > types. I was shocked at first, but he's a fairly sociable guy, so our > relationship hasn't changed. He still asks, and I still share. I don't > bother asking him. Woudn't want to be a hypocrite. One day he called me > from offsite to ask a question, and uncomfortable as he was, he tried to > find a way to share a shortcut (and it was actually useful). He told me > that I could switch between drawings using the CTRL+TAB key... Amazingly > simple, but still, I didn't know it. I was overly thankful to him, and > probably embarassed him as he quickly asked about my family and tried to end > the call. > > Facts, are facts; Losers are losers; Loners are loners; Anoying > opinionated awsome programmers are who they are. Do you hold it against > them. I can't, because there was a time that I was no better than any/ or > as good. > > See the link, and lighten up. > news:40198bb6_1@newsprd01... > > Ricky M. Medley > Houston, TX > > The original poster > > > Gee, the part of the post where Mr. Saadallah expressed his opinion was: > > > > "Loners are useless IMHO" > > > > Did you miss that? It is my opinion that that attitude is unprofessional. > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report