Autodesk Technology Managers Forum
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and engage with fellow CAD/BIM Managers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad 255 color index - OTB acad.acb file or file someone willing to share

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
947 Views, 4 Replies

Autocad 255 color index - OTB acad.acb file or file someone willing to share

I've read somewhere in the forums and Autodesk Help, that the Autocad color table straight out of the box, is named acad.acb and located in \Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2016\Support\Color\.  I have every prepackaged color table in there, except the standard 255 color autocad table.  My Autocad and Civil3D work fine and have the standard table, but I can't locate it anywhere on my computer.  Does anybody have any ideas where this file can be found?

For what ever reason, most of our work stations (all with high end NVIDEA graphic cards and dual ultra high res Z-series monitors) display the ##9 series, most ##8 series and couple ##7 (18, 19, 28, 29, 38, 39....., etc)  series colors very, very dark.  Even worse when the color is in a referenced drawing.  I've gone through every NVIDEA and monitor color setting/control and was able to lighten just a little.

I'm down to creating a new color book matching all colors of the standard Autocad 255 color index and modifying the dark ones slightly by lightening them up.  I hate to retype all 255 colors and hoping maybe somebody has a color book matching Autocad's or can point me where the "out of box" color book is found on computer.

Thanks everyone. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rkmcswain
in reply to: Anonymous

These are all of the .ACB files in my C3D 2016 deployment package

acbfiles.PNG

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: rkmcswain

Thank you.  Same as my files.

Where does Autocad/Civil3D pull it's 255 color index from?  And I can't believe Autodesk does not provide a color book with the standard 255 color index so that end users can modify it.  I'm modifying about 12 colors and need to manually input all 255 colors.

I'm sure others have wanted to "slightly" modify the standard color index.  And the new color book editor isn't exactly an efficient editing/creating tool.  So slow to manually enter each of the data fields.  

Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

ACI colors do not have a colorbook: most of us that need colorbooks avoid ACI colors like the plague 🙂
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Thank you Pendean.  I still haven't found a lazy way to start with a color table already consisting of the original 255 ACI colors so that I only have to modify the 11 or 12 colors I need modified.  For now, this little task is on the back burner until I find more time to manually input the 255 colors (while making the adjustment to my dozen colors).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report