Autodesk Desktop App (Read-Only)
Welcome to the Autodesk Desktop App Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATES SHOWING FOR SOFTWARE NOT INSTALLED

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
rich5
893 Views, 4 Replies

UPDATES SHOWING FOR SOFTWARE NOT INSTALLED

I have Autodesk powermill and powershape 2017 service pack 6 updates showing on the auto deskapp. This software is not installed. It was installed once.

How do you get it to not keep showing these updates. There does not seem to be a cancel or hide option.

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
srinivasarao.potla
in reply to: rich5

Hi@rich,

Thanks for the feedback.

I think in the registry some GUID values are there for powermill and powershape 2017.

could you please check the registry (Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\UPI2) if any thing is there for 2017,  then delete it.

Example:

2020-01-06_1541.png

Then try this?

Exit Autodesk desktop app(from system tray menu)
Stop AdAppMgr Service(task manager)
%Programdata% > Autodesk > Delete the “SDS” folder
Restart Autodesk desktop app.

Hope this helps.

Please let me know if it works.

Regards,

Srinivas.

Message 3 of 5
rich5
in reply to: srinivasarao.potla

Hi,

Thanks for that, another minor niggle fixed.

Message 4 of 5

Hi, I had this problem with PowerMill 2019 hotfix 0.1. The 2019 version of PowerMill was already uninstalled but the app continued to offer me the update that then it was unable to install. I followed your instructions but the problem came back, so in the registry editor (UPI2 folder) I directly deleted the folder that contained the 2019 key. The update was no longer proposed to me (even by forcing the search), AdAppMgrSvc it has restarted, the SDS folder in Programdata has reappeared, the app works and PowerMill 2020 and 2021 seem to work; is it possible that this operation of mine affects future updates?
Thanks.

Message 5 of 5

Hi@ cad_gitis,

Thanks for your feedback. it won't cause any issues in future.

Regards,

Srinivas.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report