Autodesk Desktop App (Read-Only)
Welcome to the Autodesk Desktop App Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revit 2022 Missing from Desktop App

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
zwebber24
2260 Views, 4 Replies

Revit 2022 Missing from Desktop App

I opened the desktop app to check for any hotfixes or updates for my Revit 2022 installation and noticed it's not listed like my other Autodesk products are. My version of Revit 2022 was installed using the new deployment method. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. Has anyone run into this? Is there a fix I can try so the desktop app sees 2022 as installed on my machine? The desktop app version is 7.0.21.17, which I'm pretty sure is the most up to date version. 

PS 

I'm logged into an Autodesk account with permissions to download and install the entire AEC collection.

Also while typing this out I noticed that the app keeps closing on it's own. I tried reinstalling it and I'm still having issues. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: zwebber24

The Desktop App is useless for some users.

Did you find all of your needed updates at your accounts page here https://manage.autodesk.com/cep/#products-services/updates
If yes, get them from there, if no, then ask your IT/CAD Manager to give you access, they either forgot or opted to not do that for some reason.

HTH
Message 3 of 5
zwebber24

I figured that might be the case. I was hoping it might be a registry issue or a missing support file somewhere. I can get the updates from the account page, I just like the convenience of the Desktop App, plus this is the first time I've ever noticed a product missing from there. 

Thanks. 

Message 4 of 5
ing.papetti

Happens the same to me, with both Revit LT and Autocad LT. I have automatic Update and have downloaded and installed version 2022 of both, but Desktop App manages and updates only 2021 versions...

Message 5 of 5
pendean
in reply to: ing.papetti

@ing.papetti Desktop App is broken and Autodesk can't seem to fix it: there are posted topics in the forum you are asking in for things to try, search for them and try the tips https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autodesk-desktop-app/bd-p/971

Or you can remove it from your PC and get your updates/software from your Autodesk Accounts page instead.

Good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report