Autodesk Desktop App (Read-Only)
Welcome to the Autodesk Desktop App Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion 360 - Error 403: Forbidden

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
7489 Views, 3 Replies

Fusion 360 - Error 403: Forbidden

So I am a student, and I have signed up for multiple different free versions of Autodesk. I have Autodesk Inventor Professional 2017, and I have been able to use it smoothly for almost a year and 1/2 now. Later this year, when I downloaded Fusion 360, it kept saying that I didn't accept the terms and conditions, or other various errors. After trying to go back and fix all of these errors, nothing changed, so I uninstalled and reinstalled Fusion 360. Now, every time I load it up it says "There was an error when logging into Fusion 360." After seeing this, I went to the support page:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/fusion-360/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Fus...

After following through and searching everything, I couldn't find any of the errors that were listed, but I did find something else. When I was searching through the log, I found other errors like:

2017-09-09T04:55:17.785Z [AutodeskDesktopApp:864, 15988] [AdWebServicesUI ERROR] Webkit dialog: Request failed. Http error: 403 Forbidden. Network error: 202 Error downloading https://cdn.web-platform.io/artifakt/release/v1.2.0/Artifakt%20Element%20Regular.svg - server replied: Forbidden

Then it says:

Response:
403 Forbidden
HttpStatusCode: 403
HttpReasonPhrase: Forbidden
ConnectionEncrypted: true
HttpPipeliningWasUsed: false
ContentType: application/xml
Content-Type: application/xml
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Connection: keep-alive
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2017 04:53:57 GMT
Server: AmazonS3
X-Cache: Error from cloudfront
Via: 1.1 f456a26d3c39946d9572c71344a45264.cloudfront.net (CloudFront)
X-Amz-Cf-Id: uMBNecP7OujcjbbHhWNxcHTLiC4ZGWMQLNHpGon1XsBdo-VXu2zNow==

There were also some others, but all of them were mostly about how I was forbidden from accessing Fusion 360.

After some closer looking, I found that the log said that Fusion 360 was (I think) missing some file(s):

Request:
GET https://cdn.web-platform.io/artifakt/release/v1.2.0/Artifakt Element Regular.svg
User-Agent: AutodeskDesktopApp/7.0.6.378 AutodeskWebServicesClient/7.3.10.1801 Windows/10.296
Referer: https://accounts.autodesk.com/authenticate/otp/7d69d65e-77aa-4050-a202-d9d746fcd4b1?viewmode=desktop...
Accept: */*
Accept-Language: en-US,en-US;q=0.5

Does this mean I should download this .svg file? If so I do not know the process. When I searched this .svg file, it showed me the document tree, and it was full of errors.

Ps. Am I forbidden because it still thinks I didn't accept the terms and conditions? I don't think this is the case because of the missing file(s), but I have no knowledge of advanced autodesk troubleshooting.

Please send help!

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
natasha.l
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous,

I see a 202 error indicating a download issue.

Before downloading make sure you conduct the steps below: 

1. Temporarily disable your pop-up blocker, Antivirus software & Firewall

2. Temporarily disable UAC on  Windows 7 or Windows 10 

3. Sign-out of all A360 & the Autodesk Desktop app/s 
  4. Uninstall Fusion 360 from the "Control Panel"
  5. Reinstall Fusion 360 & sign in  

If the error continues, take a look at this Fusion 360 Error Sign in Failure Due to Service outage, on how to rename the file to  "LoginState.xml" to "LoginState.xml.BAK" 

Let us know how it goes. 

Please "Accept As Solution" if a reply has helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: natasha.l

Thanks, it turns out that when I completely restarted my computer, and
booted up Fusion 360 again, it said something to the effect of "Please
wait, Fusion 360 is not completely prepared... starting necessary
download.". After this, it downloaded all missing material, and booted up
fine. I think that just because I asked a professional, Fusion fixed
itself.. but thanks so much anyway! 😁
Message 4 of 4
natasha.l
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous,

That's good to hear, the download must have been interrupted. Glad it was resolved simply & you are up & running. 

Thank you for getting back to us, if for some reason you still believe the download was affected you should uninstall & reinstall. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report