Autodesk Desktop App (Read-Only)
Welcome to the Autodesk Desktop App Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop App won't uninstall

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
authentic-platypus
1145 Views, 3 Replies

Desktop App won't uninstall

I haven't found any recent posts related to uninstalling the latest version of the desktop, so I thought I'd see if anyone else is experiencing the same thing and has a solution.

Here's the problem: I go to "Apps & Features" in my Settings app, select the Desktop App, then click uninstall. When I click "Yes" when I get this dialog asking whether or not I'm sure that I want to uninstall.

Screenshot 2022-07-18 092102.png

However, this very dialog box runs using the Desktop App in the background, so after pressing "Yes" I receive the warning: "Autodesk Desktop App is still running on this computer. All instances must be quit prior to install." It then refuses to uninstall.

Screenshot 2022-07-18 092337.png

Have other forum members found a solution to this issue? I need to remove it once and for all from my computer.

Autodesk, you need to either fix all of these MAJOR issues with the Desktop App (see the rest of this forum for recent examples), or roll it back until you can fix it, OR just stop selling the app. I've wasted countless hours trying to fix and undo the mess that the Desktop App has caused on my computer instead of doing actual design work.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Did you actively stop ADA from running before you opted to uninstall?

Do you need to go into your STARTUP tab from your screenshot, find ADA, "disable" it, restart your computer, then uninstall it?

Do you need to reboot into a safe mode that does not kick-up any startups, then uninstall ADA?

Is your WindowsOS login account a full-admin, local admin or restricted/limited user?
Message 3 of 4

Answers to your questions:
Q1: Yes, I stopped ADA via "End Task" button in Task Manager.
Q2: That's a good suggestion, I'll try that.
Q3: That's also a great suggestion if the previous one does not work.
Q4: I'm a local admin, but I have free reign to install and uninstall programs as I please.

I'll get back to you about suggestions 2 and 3. Thanks for your time!
Message 4 of 4

Suggestion #2 worked in my case--there must have been another background process that wouldn't shutdown when I closed the app. Thanks @pendean

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report