Autodesk Desktop App (Read-Only)
Welcome to the Autodesk Desktop App Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Desktop App and updates

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
MarcinStJasinski
1515 Views, 4 Replies

Autodesk Desktop App and updates

Hello.

My Autodesk Desktop application says I have an update to Inventor 2017. Currently I only have Inventor Pro 2021. The problem started repeating with Inventor 2019. I uninstalled all versions prior to 2021. What can I do more? Thanks.

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: MarcinStJasinski

Read this https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Autodesk-Desktop-App-sho...

or better yet, uninstall that app altogether: updates are not frequent in a year and you can grab then from your Autodesk Account page.

HTH
Message 3 of 5

hi @MarcinStJasinski 

Thanks for your feedback.

Could you please check the registry(Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\UPI2\), is there any UPI2 values related to Inventor 2017 and 2019? if you have, please delete those UPI2 values.

click each UPI2 value in the left side pane and check the GUID value and version in right pane, if you see any GUID values related to 2017 and 2019. delete the GUID values. after deleting the values, please follow the below steps

Exit Autodesk desktop app(from system tray menu)
Stop AdAppMgr Service(task manager)
%Programdata% > Autodesk > Delete the “SDS” folder
Restart Autodesk desktop app.

Here is example.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Srinivas.

Message 4 of 5
MarcinStJasinski
in reply to: pendean

Thank you buddy.

Message 5 of 5

Thank you buddy, too.

SOLVED. It worked.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report