Autodesk Desktop App (Read-Only)
Welcome to the Autodesk Desktop App Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk 3ds Max 2017 Won't Update - Error 1603

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
628 Views, 1 Reply

Autodesk 3ds Max 2017 Won't Update - Error 1603

The 2017 version of 3ds Max seems to have a few bugs with the UV editor. Anytime parts of the UV are separated and the UV editor box is closed out all work gets lost which should not be the case. This has made UV mapping extremely difficult. There have been two updates for 3ds Max 2017 to hopefully fix this bug however when trying to install the update through the Autodesk App the install fails and lists 'Install error 1603: Fatal error during installation'. I have referred to the website to fix there error and have followed all of the steps multiple times however the same error is listed every time I attempt to install an update. Most recent attempt is the Autodesk 3ds Max 2017.2 Update which is only two weeks old and I am having the same issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
srinivasarao.potla
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Nick,

Please go through this, it may help you.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcartic...

Regards,

Srinivas.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report