Autodesk Desktop App (Read-Only)
Welcome to the Autodesk Desktop App Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7 zip Maya update installation error

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
2244 Views, 13 Replies

7 zip Maya update installation error

I am currently attempting to update my Maya 2020. However, it gives me a "7-zip" error. This is an unzip program I used previously. The odd thing is, I have uninstalled that program and it is still giving me this error. It is as if it will not use the standard windows unzip capability at all. 

This is preventing me from using Maya completely. 

Tags (3)
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
DarrenP
in reply to: Anonymous

why are you unzipping an update?

if your trying to install the 2020.2 or 2020.1 update you just double click the .exe

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 14
pendean

So stop using 7-ZIP (uninstall it for now) after you get a new download to see if the problem goes away.
You can always put it back later.
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous

I am having the same issue. I have completely uninstalled 7-zip and removed all associated program files that I could find  and it is still preventing me from installing Autodesk programs (in my case, Revit 2020). Did you find a solution?

Message 5 of 14
DarrenP

did you try downloading directly from your Autodesk Account instead of the desktop app?

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 6 of 14
srinivasarao.potla

Hi @Anonymous @Anonymous 

Thanks for your feedback.

this is new to us, i would like to know more about the issue.

could you please provide more info and reproduce steps?

could you please send me the log files?

Please find the attachment for log file instructions.

Regards,

Srinivas.

Message 7 of 14
snath

I'm having the same problem trying to install any version of 2022. I've uninstalled 7-zip, tried reinstalling then installing AutoCAD, and uninstalled 7-zip again. I've tried installing AutoCAD 2022 from the desktop app and I get "7-zip error". I've tried installing from Manage.autodesk.com. I've tried "install now" "download now" and "browser download" all attempts fail.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: srinivasarao.potla

I get the same message although I am trying to install max 2021.3 and to the best of my knowledge 7 zip has never been installed on this computer.  I click install through Autodesk desktop app and this message appears within seconds.

Message 9 of 14
pendean

Post a screenshot of the exact error message please.
Message 10 of 14
rterry
in reply to: pendean

here you go.  pops up just moments after hitting "install"

rterry_0-1617635008223.png

Message 11 of 14
pendean
in reply to: rterry

What do you use for an anti-virus/protection on your PC?
Are you using the INSTALL NOW option? Are there other options to try instead?
Are you still using DesktopApp to get updates? What if you get your updates from your Autodesk Account page using the BROWSER DOWNLOAD option there, does this 7-zip issue still appear?
Message 12 of 14
DarrenP
in reply to: rterry

try this: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/vault-products/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/7...

DarrenP

Message 13 of 14

I am facing the same issue. I have tried changing the Variable as well. The error didn't go away. However it is very weird that I have previously installed applications without this error and it suddenly showed up. Please issue a fix as it's a very widespread error now.

Message 14 of 14
Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous 

I figured out a solution.

I was in the exact same situation, it was especially frustrating because 7zip doesn't exist on my computer so why is it canceling my download. here's what I did: I went to the autodesk website, went to products and services for my account, and hit view downloads, pretty standard.

the only difference being that, when I went to the big install button, there was a little "View All" drop down menu, with a bunch of different options. you want to click "Download Now" rather than install now. this will use Autodesk's own download and install software rather than your computer's supposed native opening software. 

download maya now.JPG

after that, just go through the motions with the download manager and you should be good to go. I hope this helps, not sure if it will work for everyone, but at least that's how I got through the bug.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report