cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update notifications for administrators

Update notifications for administrators

Hello Autodesk,

There is now the option in the account to set up an email ban for frequency of use for primary and secondary administrators.
In large companies it is often the case that these administrators are part of the IT team and are usually not the active users of the software used. Often these administrators have not even installed the software used by the company.
When Autodesk software is installed, Autodesk Access is installed and users are automatically notified when a new update is available for the software they are using.
At the moment, administrators have to actively go into the Autodesk account and set the filter for product updates according to the software used in the company and then see whether new updates are available.
The idea is now that the administrators can set up an update notification in the account.
In the new entry in the account, the administrators should be able to set the filter in the same way as for product updates, then assign an email address and then set how frequently this email is sent. The possible frequency settings could be:
- as soon as an update appears for the software set in the filter
- once a week, if updates for the software set to filters are available, or every two or three weeks
- once a month if updates for the software set to filters are available, or every two or three months
There should also be an additional option so that when critical updates appear, a notification is sent immediately, regardless of the frequency set.

Best regards
Elias

1 Comment
jason_lambLERXX
Observer

Right now I am relying on my users to tell me when an update pops up on their Autodesk Access or I manually check the update page - https://manage.autodesk.com/products/updates

I would like to set a visualping.io reminder but because this is behind a logged in page, it can't detect changes.

It would be nice if there was a blog post to subscribe to or email notification as mentioned above. I am not a CAD user, but need to maintain and update my user's CAD software.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report