cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New View Added Feature

New View Added Feature

I believe that the Autodesk Account "New View" should list the contract numbers/subscription IDs that are associated to each user, which is the type of information that the "Classic View" would list. The "New View" makes it hard for users who are trying to figure out which contract/subscription is associated to who. 

14 Comments
ryan.winston
Explorer

100% agree. We need this.

mia.ayala
Alumni

I agree, it is very difficult to determine who is supposed to loose access when a subscription expires out. 

Status changed to: Gathering Support

Hi there, 

Thank you for your feedback! We understand your confusion. In the new view of user management, you don't need to assign users to a contract, but instead just assign them to a product (Example: Jenny is assigned to AutoCAD, not contract1234 which contains AutoCAD). This means that when you have a subscription expiring soon, you can just go to the new view of user management to pick which user loses access or add more seats to your product if you don't want anyone to lose access. You can watch our short 2-minute overview of the new view to get a better idea: https://admin.autodesk.com/training_articles/new-view-of-user-management.

Stay up to date with new features we are adding to the new view of user management on our Admin Community: admin.autodesk.com. Thank you so much for your valuable feedback! 

Best,

Payton Smith

Status changed to: Implemented

johnny.hernandez
Autodesk
Hi Payton,
Thank you for the information. So when a user would like to cancel the auto-renewal for a subscription in the New View, the system will automatically know which license is not being used? The reason I ask is because the e-Store always gets inquiries from customers who have, let's say, 5 separate subscriptions of AutoCAD and only four are assigned, and would like to have one of the subscriptions cancelled but they do not want to cancel a subscription that is being used. When we get inquiries like this, we do not know which subscription they need to cancel as well because the New View does not identify what subscription is assigned to the user so that the account manager will not cancel that renewal.

Whereas, in the Classic View, if a customer would call us with the same inquiry, we would know which subscription auto-renewal to turn off without effecting any active user, based off the subscription ID/contract ID that is listed in the Edit Access/Contract section.

Hi Johnny, 

Thanks for the follow up question. In the new view of user management, if an admin does not want to renew a product because for example, a user is leaving the company, they know better than Autodesk who to unassign. So, it is up to the admin to go into their Autodesk Account and unassign the user that left the company or who no longer needs access. 

Please feel free to follow up with me via email at payton.smith@autodesk.com! 

Thanks,

Payton Smith

dbourne
Explorer

I would also like to comment on this as I agree with Johnny.  I find the New Users screen very difficult to work with.  On the Classic view I have over 50 contracts covering over 160 users.  On the New user view I have 9 users across 4 contracts.  It is difficult to ensure the individual user is on the correct contract for the correct department when there are multiple free licences of a particular product available.  This doesn't work for the way my company works.  Are there plans for changes to this?  I noticed this one says implemented but I haven't really seen any change in function.

Regards

Darren Bourne

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know much about it. But interested to know. LOL!

Hi Darren, 

Thanks for that feedback. Just so you know, in the new view of user management, your users are no longer tied to a specific contract number. Instead, they are just assigned to the product you need them to have access to by clicking on the product and adding a user or clicking on a user and assigning them to a product. You can learn more on our Admin Community, where our Product Manager of user management details some of the key differences: https://admin.autodesk.com/articles/3-key-differences-new-versus-classic-view-in-autodesk-account 

Best,

Payton Smith

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the clarification. Glad to get some more details. LOL!

dbourne
Explorer
Hi Payton
Thanks for your reply. I understand how it works my comment is that it isn't a very useful way to work, for me specifically at least. As I mentioned it being in a single pool of licences and not easily seeing the different contracts increases my workload with managing the licences for my organisation. Having them easily visible on separate contracts allowed renewals for individual departments to be handled much easier than in a single pool. Internally it could now be very easy for a department to have the cost assigned to it when it isn't their users incurring the renewal costs. I can see benefits to the single pool of licences if you were to just assign available licences to anyone in the organisation but that isn't how it works in my case
Regards
Darren
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agree .Cannot understand why this is not being prioritized.

Anonymous
Not applicable

payton.smith@autodesk.com. One thing a vendor should not miss. Listen to the user community. When they say something it's mostly correct. Why do you keep saying it works ok. Because it do not. The new way of admin users do not work for us out here. We who are the users say so. Why don't you believe us?

priscilla.ning
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Thank you all for the feedback. We have heard you and understand that this is important to your productivity so we are working on delivering this for you. Stay tuned for this change and we appreciate your patience.

Best,

Priscilla

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report