cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make management portal consolidation better

Make management portal consolidation better

I recently purchased 5 new AEC contracts totaling over 50 seats from an authorized reseller. I did this with the idea of being able to consolidate my licenses into a more compact and easier-to-understand format. This has proven to only disorganize us further. 2 of the 5 contracts were set up in the "New View" where access is managed "By User" or "By Product". The other 3 for whatever reason remained in the "Classic User Management" style (???). This makes absolutely 0 sense to me, and the worst part is that i was told by the re-seller that "Autodesk will be migrating everyone over to the new view in the next year or so". This is completely unacceptable, why is it that contracts that were purchased at the same time are received with different management styles? Why can't I convert them? Why is this new view available to the public if simple capabilities like this are not available? I'm stuck managing 5 different contracts in 2 different styles which gets old very quickly. (See screenshot of my User Management Tab)

Another issue that we have ran into is that we can no longer set myself as a software coordinator/secondary administrator across multiple contracts. This was never a problem in the classic management, why is this a problem now? The re-seller informed me that Autodesk's response to this was basically "Sorry, nothing we can do". This is also unacceptable. I manage 5 contracts that are divided by departments within our company. I need to be able to access everything from one login, rather than having to manage 6 different logins for each Autodesk contract depending on the department. The re-seller's solution was to assign me as the contract manager for all contracts, but this isn't correct and my supervisors had an extremely tough time understanding why Autodesk couldn't set things up the way they used to be, and why I have to be named Contract Manager across all software. I truly regret trading in our Building Design Suite Premium serial numbers, this license transition has easily been the worst experience I have ever had when purchasing any software. I would have opted to remain on the BDSP licenses had I known that this would be the result. These are two basic organizational issues that were not present in the "old" user management style,  that desperately need to be addressed. I know I am not the only person who will have a need for these features. 

3 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Status changed to: Gathering Support

Hi @Anonymous,

While Autodesk as a company goes under this transformation in user management to allow a better experience to our customers, I understand your frustrations.

Rest assured, we are working hard to ensure every customer has an effective, seamless user management experience as a goal and we appreciate your understanding through this period.

I am adding my colleague @Emily Svensson for visibility on this.

Status changed to: Under Review

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report