AutoCAD on the web Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD on the web Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD on the web topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Autocad Web with a Student license

30 REPLIES 30
SOLVED
Message 1 of 31
mviloriaupc
4992 Views, 30 Replies

Using Autocad Web with a Student license

Hello everyone, 

I just found that Autocad have a web aplication , but I can't edit anything. Can I use Autocad Web with a student suscription? 

Thanks

30 REPLIES 30
Message 2 of 31

Greetings,

(I saw you posted a similar question on another thread, but I'll answer here as well).

Unfortunately, the student license for AutoCAD does not yet include the web app. You can still open the web app with a student license, but you won’t yet be able use any of the drawing and editing tools.

Thanks, and have a great day.

Jeremy Goldman
Senior Learning Content Developer, AutoCAD
Message 3 of 31
cekuhnen
in reply to: jeremy.goldman

@jeremy.goldman

That is a pretty sad discovery.

My students were looking forward to using ACAD online.

Claas Kuhnen

Faculty Industrial Design – Wayne State Universit

Chair Interior Design – Wayne State University

Owner studioKuhnen – product : interface : design

Message 4 of 31

@jeremy.goldman,

Will AutoCAD Web App ever be available on a student license? I teach two levels of CAD in high school. I have been asked to create an online course. Unfortunately students only have chromebooks. Fusion 360 can run fine on them, but I'm looking for a web based platform for my 2D drafting and architecture units.

Thanks,

Tyler

Message 5 of 31
kerry.ko
in reply to: tsmithmustangs

Hi Tyler, 

Thank you for reaching out. Currently, the AutoCAD web app is not available on student licenses. I will pass along your feedback to the team, and we will explore this possibility for the future. 

If you don't mind me asking, how would you like to use the AutoCAD web app with your students?

Thanks again for your feedback.

Kerry K
Product Manager, AutoCAD
Message 6 of 31
cekuhnen
in reply to: kerry.ko

Maybe to teach drafting ? Just a hint.
Not having to deal with IT enabling students to work remote.

Claas Kuhnen

Message 7 of 31
tsmithmustangs

@kerry.ko

I teach two levels of computer aided design in the Technology and Engineering department in a high school. I use AutoCAD, Fusion 360, and Revit. I have been looking into writing an online level 1 course to expose more students to CAD. I would like to use AutoCAD for 2D purposes for students to learn and use drafting principles and architectural design online. I need the web app because each student has a school issued chromebook. I already have students using Fusion 360 in browser mode, and would like to have a similar environment for them on AutoCAD and 2D design.

Message 8 of 31
cekuhnen

@tsmithmustangs

Hey great to see another fusion 360 teacher.

Claas Kuhnen

Message 9 of 31
kerry.ko

@tsmithmustangs

Thank you for the details. We appreciate the context, and it will be helpful as we explore this possibility. 

Best regards,

Kerry K
Product Manager, AutoCAD
Message 10 of 31
tsmithmustangs

@kerry.ko

Is it possible to pay to add onto the student license to obtain the web app? Or is there more to it than that educational licenses are free?

Message 11 of 31
kerry.ko

@tsmithmustangs

Thank you for reaching out. Currently, it is only possible to have access to the AutoCAD web app via an AutoCAD or AutoCAD LT subscription. The product is ever evolving, and we will explore this opportunity for the future. 

Thanks, 

Kerry K
Product Manager, AutoCAD
Message 12 of 31
tman67

I have the same situation.  Let me know if this ever changes.

I am currently trying to figure a way to view .dwg files on Google Classroom submissions.

Right now I have to download from Google Classroom, which defeats the purpose.

Message 13 of 31
tsmithmustangs
in reply to: tman67

I have students print as pdf from a layout tab/title block and submit to google classroom.

I installed google drive file stream on the computers in my lab, as well as my own. It makes it easier for students to have .dwgs on google drive. As a teacher, you can go into the assignment folder on google drive file stream from the open menu in AutoCAD, no need to individually download files. Let me know if you have any questions. 

Message 14 of 31
GrachevSI

Hello! I am a teacher at the university. We use very old personal computers. It is not possible to install the version of Autocad for PC on them. But they have an Internet browser running. Has something changed? Can we use web.autocad under a student license? Thank you in advance for your reply.

Message 15 of 31
pendean
in reply to: GrachevSI

AutoCADWEB is a very limited use CAD program that looks nothing like PC-based AutoCAD: you can probably find an equally crippled old CAD program to install on your OLD PCs that works faster than an internet connection at your school would allow.

Message 16 of 31
soniaL2A4N
in reply to: mviloriaupc

Sad to know that  😞

Message 17 of 31

Is it possible to make this available through education license now that coronavirus is causing so many school closings? All of my high school students have Chromebooks at home and right now I can't do any lessons with them. Just an idea. This thread looks a couple years old. I'm surprised this hasn't happened yet. Thank you.

Message 18 of 31
apashos
in reply to: grant_hunnicutt

I'm also here to ask this exact same question.

Lot's of people don't have computers at home that are powerful enough to run regular autocad, but the autocad web app would work around that.

Message 19 of 31

I am struggling with this too.

There is, in my opinion, no reason why AutoCAD cannot be generous and open the web subscription to students. Not all schools (or students) are equipped with computers capable of running AutoCAD.

I contacted customer support for educational licenses, and it was an exercise in futility.

Message 20 of 31
pagej
in reply to: Laura.SchadeStroik

Hi Laura,

Update:

To better support customers facing the new reality of work remotely or attending classes remotely, Autodesk has introduced a temporary Extended Access Program for several of our flagship cloud collaboration productsincluding BIM 360 Docs, BIM 360 Design, Fusion 360, Fusion Team, AutoCAD Web and Mobile, and Shotgun. This program allows for free commercial use of the participating products until May 31, 2020. 

Typically, the commands and tools in the AutoCAD web app are only available to AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT subscribers and are not available to students. During this Extended Access Program, all commands and tools in the AutoCAD web app are available for everyone. 

Here are some additional resources to help you get started:

Extended Access Program: AutoCAD web app Questions and Answers

Extended Access Program: AutoCAD web app Product Resources

Best regards,

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost