AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why so many P&ID classes default without any symbol?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
375 Views, 3 Replies

Why so many P&ID classes default without any symbol?

Hi, I am new to Plant 3D. When I start looking for the right symbol to the P&ID classes I am using, I found symbos are missing for most classes? Yes, I can customise the symbol, but wouldn't it be much easier for newbie to start with the tools ready for use? In addition, these symbols, or even classes, can be linked to a online store for people to share and buy. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
h_eger
in reply to: Anonymous

Dear @Anonymous ,

For new users of Plant 3D P&ID it is important to know that this program is very difficult to operate and use without training!

The following standards are supported in Plant 3D:
PIP - imperial / metric
ISA - imperial
ISO - metric
DIN - metric
JIS-ISO - metric

However, you can only use one P&ID standard in a project, so the unused classes are empty (default Autodesk)

If you have then understood the structure of the program, you can dedicate yourself to the user-defined P&ID templates.

But here, too, please do not ignore the typical program procedures.

Much success in your attempt.

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
Anlagenplanung + Elektotechnik
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Tomislav.Golubovic
in reply to: Anonymous

Also remember that just because someone at Autodesk thinks its the right symbol for something, doesn't necessarily mean its right for everyone. Its easier to give a sample of information in the Project and then let you customise it yourself, otherwise you'll be removing/editing a whole bunch of symbols from the out-of-the-box system.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Tomislav.Golubovic

Thanks for your reply, Tomislav. I have taken beginner's training both on user and administrator side. Understand that the default symbol is not something everybody wants. What's disappointing is for a newbie, who doesn't have their own symbol library, it is not very handy to start with. A default symbol set is at least a starting point. Anyway, I have drawn most symbols I need now. A few lessons learnt about the size, snapping to the grid etc. I guess some times we have to trade time for experiences. Overall I enjoyed this user experience. 

Cheers,

Song

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report