AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unrecognised GUID format

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
2022 Views, 13 Replies

Unrecognised GUID format

Hello,

I've just used the Catalogue Builder for Plant 3D 2016 to create some inline instruments. I used "ValveBody" in the PnPClassName column so that I may be able to add operators.

But I get the below error. The drop down selection box is there, just empty and it errors.

Any pointers, please? Everything else seems OK.

GUID.PNG

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
ryan.bales
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous 

This is a known issue that is currently under investigation and is set to be resolved in 2018.1 update.

Ryan Bales
Fusion 360 Product Support
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: ryan.bales

Ah ok @ryan.bales thanks for the info

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous

Hello @ryan.bales,

was this issue solved in 2018.1?

I am currentling having the same problem and can't assign valve operators to my custom created valves. Spec editor gives this error and then crashes!

Did 2018.1 solve this Problem?

Thanks! 

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous

We are getting the same error while trying to change the default actuators to GOP. As soon as we assign the GOP via the Valve Operator Shape browser we crash.  @ryan.bales has this been resolved?

Cheers.

Message 6 of 14
DGRL
in reply to: ryan.bales

@ryan.bales

Dear Ryan,

Do you know when this is going to be fixed for Plant 3D 2018?

I have latest update installed (since today) but i still get this error 

If this was of any help please kudo and/or Accept as Solution
Kind Regards
Message 7 of 14
ryan.bales
in reply to: DGRL

You'd better tag the Plant guys @quentin.contreras@Bernd.Gerstenberger@Dan.Scales or @Alex.Pena. I've not supported plant in some time. I see that it was set as fixed in 2018.1 but if you say its not, these guys would surely like to know about it. 

Ryan Bales
Fusion 360 Product Support
Message 8 of 14
Alex.Pena

Hi @DGRL,

I've gone through the steps Ryan included in the issue statement forwarded to the development folks. I was able to confirm the issue has been solved within the AutoCAD Plant 3D 2018.1.1 update.

When I select "Edit Assignments" from the "Default Operator" column drop down list, I'm prompted with the "Edit Valve Operators" dialog box.

Edit Valve Operator.png

I'm currently running AutoCAD Plant 3D 2018.1.1, built on top of AutoCAD 2018.1.2.

• You can find what product version is currently installed by typing in ABOUT on the command line and hitting enter.
  • If the issue is still going on, can you please reply with the steps to reproduce? 
  • If there's a particular excel file you're using through the Catalog Builder, please reply with that as well. You can also send me a private message with the file if you'd like. 
  • I'd like to recreate the issue and see if this is something that needs to be looked at further. Thank you. 

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post resolves your issue

Alex Pena
Outcome Engineering
Link Name | Link Name | Link Name | Link Name
Message 9 of 14
DGRL
in reply to: Alex.Pena

@Alex.Pena

Thanks for jumping in

Pls see screenshot

When i open spec editor and select a spec and double click on a valve

When i click on ediot assignments i see a screen that does not load normal but can be fixed by making it bigger (see screenshot) 

when i click on 1 of the valves listed on the left i get the error (see screenshot)

i am just working in a spec nothing else

Kind Regards
Message 10 of 14
Alex.Pena

Hi @DGRL ,

Thank you for the screenshots, when you mention:

"when i click on 1 of the valves listed on the left i get the error

Are you referring to the list of control valves being prompted in the "Edit Valve Operators" dialog box?

I created a quick screencast below. Please let me know if I'm attempting the same steps. I'd appreciate it.

Screencast link here 

Please hit the "Accept as Solution" button if my post resolves your issue,  "Like" if it helped you out, or both.

Alex Pena
Outcome Engineering
Message 11 of 14
DGRL

@Alex.Pena

Thanks for reproducing it correct

Can you send me your email in a private message

Ill send you the spec that is causing this 

Kind Regards
Message 12 of 14
Alex.Pena

Hi @DGRL,

Thank you for sharing your spec file, I was able to recreate the issue as you explained it. I have included a screencast below so folks can see the issue.

Screencast link here

I haven't been able to get the message prompted on any of the default catalogs or spec files in the 2018 version. I also attempted to work with your spec in the 2019 version of Plant 3D and didn't run into the same message. I have reached out to the folks on the Plant team to get some more information. The only thing I can mention is this hasn't come up in 2019. If anyone could confirm that with their custom specs, it'd be appreciated.

Screencast link here - 2019 version

Please hit the "Accept as Solution" button if my post resolves your issue, "Like" if it helped you out, or both.

Alex Pena
Outcome Engineering
Message 13 of 14
Alex.Pena

I've been informed there have been major improvements to editing valve operators in the 2019 version and one of those fixes happened to take this into account. I still have logged this to take a further look, and will update this thread with any information as I receive it. The 2019 version does have the fixes at the moment, for what it's worth. Thank you for all of the help folks, it's appreciated.

Please hit the "Accept as Solution" button if my post resolves your issue, "Like" if it helped you out, or both.

Alex Pena
Outcome Engineering
Message 14 of 14
DGRL

@Alex.Pena

Many thanks for all the help 

Kind regards

Kind Regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report