AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to dimension to custom part on isometric

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
sedmiston63A3G
198 Views, 3 Replies

Unable to dimension to custom part on isometric

I have created an end prep of FFNG for my custom part of Expansion Joint. I have created the expansion joint using an AutoCAD block along with plant part convert and added it to my catalog then placed this custom part within the Valve section. This places fine in the model and iso BOM is fine. The problem is I am unable to get this part dimensioned on the iso body. The system skips over it like it does not exist. Please see attachment for better clarification. Would like the dimension to look just like the valve on the attachment.

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
h_eger
in reply to: sedmiston63A3G

@sedmiston63A3G ,

can you please upload the PCF file of your iso?

Please change the .pcf extension to .txt otherwise you will not be able to upload the file

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
Anlagenplanung + Elektotechnik
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Degonbellz
in reply to: sedmiston63A3G

Check your End Type...usually 4" Expansion Joint is "FL" Flanged type

Message 4 of 4

What Iso Type are you using? 

In general whether an item type is dimensioned is first determined by the theme, then under the specific dimension settings you can determine for different item types by theme how you wish to dimension them. See the reducer example below.

These settings can also be found in the isoconfig.xml. If your item type is not in the list by default you will not be able to dimension it unless you add the necessary parts to the isoconfig.xml (technically you can do it with the add button, but I still do it the old way by modifying the isoconfig.xml directly)

You'll find the necessary code (Anchorpoint) under the Themes node. it uses a filter definition to determine which items are subject to this configuration. You will also want to repeat the anchorpoint for each dimensiontype but with the 'enabled=false' setting. 

Offcourse you'll also have to create a filter referring to your object type so the anchorpoint is referring to the correct objects.

MichielValcke_0-1719779086209.pngMichielValcke_1-1719779095947.pngMichielValcke_2-1719779104466.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report