AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The path is not of a legal form when using PLANTPROJECTOVAULT

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
wouter_jansen_SCW
275 Views, 7 Replies

The path is not of a legal form when using PLANTPROJECTOVAULT

Hello Forum,

One of our projects will not succeed in 'uploading' to Vault. We receive the error "The path is not of a legal form".

The steps we take.

1. Open plant3D project drawing.
  2. Run command "PLANTPROJECTTOVAULT".
  3. Plant asks to shut down the drawing - press yes.
  4. Fill in "Vault Project Setup - <project>" form, which pops up.
    1. Test connection beforehand - this is a success.
    2. Test name beforehand - this is a success.
  5. Autodesk starts thinking and shows the form in which it 'transfers'.
  6. After the transfer should be complete, it presents the error "The path is not of a legal form" - picture is attached.
  7. Project is not copied or available in Vault.

Other information:

• Builds of software used are also attached. These are the same version and latest update.
  • Vault server is located off-site on an Azure server.
  • Plant project is located on a NAS.
  • Other plant projects succeed in uploading to Vault.

Is there someone out there who has any ideas on how to solve this? Or to help narrow our search radius in order to find the problem in this project?

Thank you in advance!

Wouter

Labels (5)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Thanks for your reply @Tomislav.Golubovic.

Other projects are succesful in uploading to the Vault, which means it can't be my profile.. right?

Server is also the same build as client side.

Message 4 of 8

Try doing it with another new project. If it fails then it might be something on your side, otherwise if that project works then  the one you're trying to upload is corrupted somewhere.

Message 5 of 8

Thank you for your reply @Tomislav.Golubovic .

As you can read in my post, other projects succeed in uploading. I am looking for help to try to narrow down the search to what could be the issue with this project.

Do you have any ideas what can be corrupt in this project? The error refers to a path not being legal, but what kind of path? I can not find any non-allowable characters in file names, all x-refs are functional and do not refer to files outside of the project and it seems that there are no paths exceeding 256 character length.

Message 6 of 8
quan_hm
in reply to: wouter_jansen_SCW

I dont work with Vault but I have similar issue with project on NAS,  so if I enter project path "\\NASLocation\myProject" it will show that error.  As I already map the location to a drive name "X" then I enter project path = "X:\myProject" then the issue gone. 

Hope it may help.

Hoang Minh Quan - Piping design engineer
Autodesk Store for Python Catalog
Message 7 of 8

This kind of error is very difficult to solve remotely, does your reseller give any support on this? Have you contacted Autodesk support?

Message 8 of 8

I have contacted Autodesk support, they asked me to verifiy some things regarding location.. permission and such. But I managed to solve it before they had the chance to provide me with the freeing answer. 

What did it for me was:

1. Create project back-up.
  2. Open project.
  3. Open drawing.
  4. Run PLANTPROJECTOVAULT.
  5. Login as Administrator.
  6. Got error that isometrics still had references to project this project is a backup from. (did not have this before)
  7. Removed all isometric drawings that had referenced to the old project
  8. One drawing was not listen Isometric DWG tab of the project manager toolbar.
    1. Figured that could be the problem in previous attempts.
  9. Got the ISO.dcf file from the oldest backup.
  10. Replaced the ISO.dcf file.
  11. Import worked. At the cost of our isometric drawings, but they still exist in the back-up.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report