AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant 3D Modell no longer shown in Project Manager and can't be copied back in

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
joerg.limley
1451 Views, 4 Replies

Plant 3D Modell no longer shown in Project Manager and can't be copied back in

Hallo Guys,

I have the following problem:

A Plant 3D(Plant 3D 2018, SINGLE User SQL)  drawing is not shown in the project manager anymore.

The file got moved to another direction in the Project folder, sadly I don’t know how this happened.

But when I want to add the file back into the project via cope drawing into the project, the following error occurred (german version) : Beim Öffnen der folgenden Zeichnung(en) tritt ein Fehler auf. Stellen Sie sicher, dass die Zeichnung(en) gültig ist/sind und dass sie nicht in einem anderen Vorgang verwendet wird/werden.

Ruffly translated: Opening the following drawings caused an error. Be sure that the drawing is valid and is not used by another process.  

My guess is that this drawing lost its connection to the project database somehow.

I can open it directly and Plant says that the drawing is a Plant 3D drawing but not part of the project.

We have Problem with our file backups at the moment so I need to repair this file somehow.

Many thanks in advance

Greetings

Jörg limley

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Dan.Scales
in reply to: joerg.limley

Hi @joerg.limley,

You could try to copy/paste the contents of the drawing into a new project drawing.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Scales
Message 3 of 5
joerg.limley
in reply to: Dan.Scales

Hallo,

i found the solution, after searching through the piping.dcf file. I found that the file name of the drawing didn't match the filename in the piping.dcf. I found a .BAK file with the corresponding name and made it a .DWG. It was possible to copy the .DWG with the correct name into the project!

Message 4 of 5
mgalicki
in reply to: joerg.limley

What is used to open the "piping.dcf" file??

Everything in existence was first an Idea
Autodesk Plant 3D Premium 2019
Autodesk MEP 2019
HP 3.2 Ghz CPU 16 ram
1TB 7200 rpm SATA 6Gb/s hard drive
2GB DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680ti
HP 2311x 23" LED Monitor
Message 5 of 5
jabowabo
in reply to: mgalicki

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report