AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipeline tag property of instrument/valve/equipment

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
karina.blankert
757 Views, 2 Replies

Pipeline tag property of instrument/valve/equipment

I want to add a property pipeline tag to the engineering items. The goal is to acquire the line tag in which the valve, instrument or piece of equipment is located since I want to visualize this pipeline tag in the valve, instrument and equipment list. However if I do so and acquire the pipeline segments tag the tag is not always visible in the data manager. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
h_eger
in reply to: karina.blankert

Dear @karina.blankert ,

You are not doing wrong.
It is only that if an object is connected to your 3D model from different pipeline segments, your linked data field remains empty because there are several options and the database can only display one value.

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
Anlagenplanung + Elektotechnik
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
karina.blankert
in reply to: h_eger

I have another problem. Perhaps you can help me with this one as well.

I have a main pipeline drawn as a primary line segment. All line properties are defined in the pipelinegroup except the line diameter.  The goal is to define the properties applicable to all branched pipelines with the same pipeline tag only once. Moreover I want to filter the instrument pipeline branches from the line list. Hence I draw the instrument pipeline branches as secondary pipelines.

In my project I have therefore added a instrument pipeline to the main pipeline drawn as a secondary pipeline.  The secondary pipeline receives all the properties from the pipelinegroup exactly as I want it to be. Only I have a problem when I want to add a valve to this secondary pipeline. For some reason the valve attached to the secondary pipeline cannot receive the information of the pipelinegroup. This is not a problem for a valve in the primary line segment. Do you know a way to resolve this issue?

I am thinking of adding instrument valves to my toolpallet which has an acquisition from the secondary pipeline. But I try to avoid adding unnecessary valves to the toolpallet.

With kind regards,

Karina

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report