AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P&ID equipment and control valve scaled and replaced after executed cmd SYNCHSTYLES in Plant 3D 2025

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
imvida
669 Views, 14 Replies

P&ID equipment and control valve scaled and replaced after executed cmd SYNCHSTYLES in Plant 3D 2025

Hi,

Does anyone notice that in Plant 3D 2025, in the P&ID drawing, if you place the equipment with scale and control valve, after you executed cmd SYNCHSTYLES, the equipment re-scale to the original one and the control valve replaced to the generic control valve symbol. The issue happens after you editing any block the project setup as well.

Is there any workaround to avoid this issue? if not, we may have to revert to 2024 version. It seems may impact all the users in using P&ID against 2025 version.

thanks,

David

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
h_eger
in reply to: imvida

Dear @imvida ,

no, there is no work around, there is a solution.

https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Control-valve-symb...

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
Anlagenplanung + Elektotechnik
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 3 of 15
imvida
in reply to: h_eger

Hi Hartmut,

Thanks for you reply.

I just follow the solution to delete the "normally" property of control valve via SQLite Expert Personal, then launched P3D and re-opened the P&ID drawing, run cmd SYNCHSTYLES, seem the solution was not working, I had the same result. Is there any step I missed?

Thanks

Message 4 of 15
h_eger

Hi David,

Have you installed all updates for AutoCAD 2024 and AutoCAD Plant 3D?
Please check

27-04-2024_09-31-31.jpg

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 5 of 15
imvida

Hi Hartmut,

I think I had that fix on 2024. Is it related to 2025 version?

4.png

Message 6 of 15
h_eger

@imvida ,

No, the installations should not interfere with each other.

Have the units been changed in this project or have symbols from other P&ID styles been adopted in this project?

-

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 7 of 15
imvida

Hi Hartmut,

No unit changed or using other P&ID symbol. It's quite easy to re-produce the senario.

Here are the steps:

1. Creat a new project in Plant 3D 2025 using PIP symbol.

2. Place a dome roof tank and scale it.

3. Route a process line then place any type of control valve from the instrument TP.

4. Launch project setup and go to any P&ID class to edit the block, either the symbol or the annotation.

5. Save and quit the project setup, then the tank re-scaled and the control valve replaced.

I just attached the video for more info.

Thanks

Message 8 of 15
h_eger

@imvida ,

OK, I can reproduce this.
Please open a case with AutoCAD Plant 3D Support and also refer to the link I have attached.
Is a bug in the version P3D 2025.0.1

-

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 9 of 15
imvida

Thanks Hartmut!

Message 10 of 15
Kevin.Spear

i can confirm this is happening as well. We have P&ID symbols that are different scales than the default in the project setup. The placed equipment are reset to the default size after going into the project setup. Our workaround is to adjust SYNCHSTYLESMODE to ZERO. Which, I am sure is defeating the purpose...

Thanks
Kevin

Kevin Spear, PE
Message 11 of 15
imvida
in reply to: Kevin.Spear

Thanks Kevin for help.

That change stops the scaling issue, but also stops the changes made in the project setup and we can't have any customization any more. I'll wait for the offcial fix.

Thanks,

David

Message 12 of 15
Ksterke4Q4DQ

Same issues here.

Message 13 of 15
h_eger

I hope this will be fixed with Service Pack P3D 2025.1.

-

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 14 of 15
cowardyang

After my a lot of parts being restored, I think this is a Big Bug.

Message 15 of 15
h_eger

@cowardyang ,

Yes it is. You can read everything else in this article.

-

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta