AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P&ID. Add pneumatic actuators to valves

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mpalomeque
127 Views, 4 Replies

P&ID. Add pneumatic actuators to valves

Hello everyone;
I would like to know how to add a pneumatic actuator to a butterfly valve? I don't see how to differentiate a manual valve from an automatic valve in the diagrams.
Is it an option or should I generate new blocks?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
DVaquand
in reply to: mpalomeque

Hello @mpalomeque 

If the manual valve already exists, you can convert it to a control valve with an actuator
Otherwise you can directly place a control valve
In both cases you can replace the body of the valve and/or the actuator

DVaquand_0-1721250817442.png

DVaquand_1-1721250888434.png

== French ==

Si la vanne manuelle existe déjà, vous pouvez la convertir en vanne de controle avec un actionneur
Sinon vous pouvez placer directement une vanne de controle
Dans les deux cas vous pourrez substituer le corps de la vanne ou/et de l'actionneur

Cordialement
Dominique VAQUAND
www.dovaq.fr

Cette publication vous a-t-elle été utile ? N’hésitez pas à attribuer la mention J’aime à cette publication.
Avez-vous obtenu la réponse à votre question ? Cliquez ensuite sur le bouton ACCEPTER LA SOLUTION.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
mpalomeque

Thanks Dominic.
I see that the control valves are taken as instruments. Try to generate a control loop. Is there no actuator that does not have to generate a control loop? Typically controlled by a PLC

Message 4 of 5
h_eger

@mpalomeque ,

Attention:

AutoCAD Plant 3D P&ID is a program for P&ID Piping and Instrumentation Diagram.
For creating PLC control loops there are other programs that can solve this task much better than AutoCAD Plant 3D P&ID.

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
Anlagenplanung + Elektotechnik
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
Michiel.Valcke

If you want to add actuators to your valves without using a control valve/Instrument you have two options, neither of these options will generate an instrument loop. It is just a way to visualize the actuator with your valve symbol, nothing more, nothing less.

The first way is a 'quick and dirty' solution, ideal for one-off applications, if you only need to do this once. You can use the PIDEDITBLOCK command to edit the valve block symbol of a single specific valve in your diagram.

MichielValcke_0-1721293478555.png

You can draw an actuator anyway you want to and then save your changes

MichielValcke_1-1721293507609.png

your other valves of the same type are unaffected. The actuator is part of the valve symbol, if you wish to edit it you have to use the PIDEDITBLOCK command again.

MichielValcke_3-1721293578380.png

The other option is a bit more permanent and will also allow you to use substitution, and get a list of all actuators in your data manager.
All actuators in P&ID are considered non-engineering items, and in the datamodel that's where you'll find them. You can add one or more of them to the toolpalette.

MichielValcke_4-1721293687413.png MichielValcke_5-1721293750715.png

Then you can place them on top of your valve symbols from the toolpalette and use substitution if you want to change them. You can also create your own symbols in the project setup and add properties as you can with any other object/class in the data model.

MichielValcke_6-1721293886759.png

hope this helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report