AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OrthoCube Disappears in Shaded Mode

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1494 Views, 5 Replies

OrthoCube Disappears in Shaded Mode

Hi folks,

Anyone else experiencing this?

In ortho view creation the Orthocube for creating views can only be seen in 2d Wireframe.

Attached pngs example.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
JUANCARLOSBLASCO4129
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes, same for me

I can see Orthocube in Shaded with edges too.

Regards

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

The same issue has been happening to me as well. Both shaded and realistic visual styles have no visible orthocube. The only way to see the orthocube in these two visual styles is to select the orthocube. From this point, I can make basic dimension changes to the orthocube by clicking the grips. However, I can't add jogs. The moment I hit "Add Jog", the orthocube is deselected and disappears once again. For me, the orthocube is only *fully* usable in 2d wireframe, wireframe, x-ray, and shaded with edges. Conceptual, hidden, shades of gray, and sketchy show the cube but obscure anything inside of it.

I'm guessing that the developers have only focused on wireframe visual styles for orthocube generation (?), although I could have sworn that a few months ago I had no issue making orthocubes in the shaded visual style. The only thing I can suggest to do is use "wireframe" to create orthocubes even though it makes view rotations/orbits/pans a pain.

Message 4 of 6
Dan.Scales

Hi @Anonymous,

Try setting the CONSOLIDATIONMODE variable to 0 and re-test.

You will need to REGEN the drawing after changing the variable.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Scales
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Dan.Scales

@Dan.Scales

What does the CONSOLIDATIONMODE variable do? I was able to find documents saying that it is a new variable that was introduced with 2017, but I can't find any information on what it actually controls.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

all this not work...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta