AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ortho BOM

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
605 Views, 3 Replies

Ortho BOM

I am running a BOM with cut list, so the pipe lengths are listed as seperate items but I have 2 components(blind flange, Blind flange with tap) with  different descriptions (size and Family) and the BOm has them grouped together.  So what I would like to do is group the items with the same descriptions together but if the description is different then a new row will be created.  I attached a screen shot to show what the current BOM is creating.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Dadspackard
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi pstephany,

If you add a different material code to the blind flanges they will be placed on different rows of your BOM.

Tom (dadspackard/packin31)

Tom
aka, Dadspackard, Packin31
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Dadspackard

Thanks for the reply, I tried adding differnet material codes and it still combines both the blind flanges.

Message 4 of 4
eadkins73
in reply to: Anonymous

Did you add the Blind w/ tap as a separate item in your spec and catalog or did you just override the long description in your project? If it's the latter I don't think P3D understands they are different parts.
Ed Adkins
EA2 Engineering
www.ea2eng.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta