AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to draw lines or move objects in z-axis

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
karlg.paulsen
1509 Views, 3 Replies

Not able to draw lines or move objects in z-axis

I have a strange issue in Plant 3D 2020.

It will not let me draw lines in the z-axis as shown in the fiirst gif.

2020-10-20_17-12-02.gif 2020-10-20_17-20-19.gif

If i create a new blank drawing in the project it works fine like in the first gif, but as soon as I copy in objects from any of the existing drawings in the project it will not let me(second gif).

I CAN use ORTHO, but only when in WCS or standard views (left, right, front etc.), but my project is not aligned to the major axis, so i'm using custom USC's.

BtW the project is freshly created and not migrated from earlier versions. Only worked on it for a couple of days.

I posted this to the Autocad forum first as it didn't seem to be related to Plant functions, but i'm not sure now.

See thread here 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jw7018
in reply to: karlg.paulsen

Try routing  with 3DPOLLY command, and worse case you can draw a PLINE in each plane and join.  

Message 3 of 4
karlg.paulsen
in reply to: jw7018

3DPoly did not work any different, and I dont need polylines anyways. Just simple lines without changing the UCS every time i need to go out of the current xy plane.

I also forgot to mention it, but it will not let me move objects in the z-direction either.

Message 4 of 4

If you draw/manipulate in a view that isn't 2 axis it lets you work in all 3 if your view is isometric (not appears, actually says it in the top left of the view).  I do recommend using 3dpoly for all line work in plant3d, it does great conversion for line to pipe and it's easy to work with for everything else.  Don't forget about 3dmove and 3drotate.

Worse case you can set a macro/lisp script up to do your view changes and have it do a -UCS View after every change if that's the way you want to work.

George

If my post offers a solution, please click "Accept as Solution"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report