AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

make pipe master in 1 drawing to change properties?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
263 Views, 2 Replies

make pipe master in 1 drawing to change properties?

When i have a pipe with the same number on 2 drawings, i can only edit the properties in the datamanager in the Master drawing. (drawing the pipenumber was created in at first).

So when i am in drawing 2 i need to open drawing 1 to change isolationthickness for example.

Is there an option to make the other drawing master for that linenumber, so i do not need to open several drawings to edit properties of my pipes?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Ruffy85
in reply to: Anonymous

hi @Anonymous

in the Datamanager in the left bottom corner is a sort dropdown. Choose there "sort by Area"

Choose your DWG or Project in the top left corner Drop down menü.

Now go to - Area(unknown) and choose piping. If you change now the insulationthickness for one line, it will be done for each in all drawings.

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Ruffy85

@Ruffy85 wrote:

hi @Anonymous

in the Datamanager in the left bottom corner is a sort dropdown. Choose there "sort by Area"

Choose your DWG or Project in the top left corner Drop down menü.

Now go to - Area(unknown) and choose piping. If you change now the insulationthickness for one line, it will be done for each in all drawings.

That is exactly what i try to do. @Ruffy85

The problem is when de pipe exists in 2 drawings, for example drawing A and Drawing B

I can see the pipe data in both drawings in datamanager, but can only edit the properties in one of them.

So when the pipe originates in drawing A and i am working in drawing B (where also this number is used), when i klik on a property from that pipe in the datamanager, it  automatically opens drawing A, i can not edit the data of the pipe in drawing B.

It gets more dificult, when i have 2 drawings with total of 10 pipes and 5 pipes originate from drawing A and 5 pipes originate from drawing B, I have to switch between drawings all the time to edit data for all pipes.

Also when i make excel export of the "area unknown \ piping", and i edit data for all pipes, i can import and it shows yellow for all changes, when i accept datachange from drawing B it opens drawing B and gives me error message. so also i cannot edit data in excel.

summory:

When i change pipe data in drawing A it also changes data for the whole pipe, so also the piece in drawing B

When i try to change pipe data in drawing B it does not work, and opens drawing A.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report