AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actuator operator isometric symbol

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
3890 Views, 2 Replies

Actuator operator isometric symbol

Dear All!

I am a bit confused about this functionality. Here what I want to do: putting in a simple ball valve (catalogue item), and change the actuator.

I tried to:

- give SKEY-s for the actuators in the catalogue - AS FAR I SEE THIS HAS NO EFFECT TO THE ISO SYMBOL

- change the IsoSkeyAcadBlockMap.xml, the following row:

SyntaxEditor Code Snippet

<ValveToSpindleSkeyMap ValveSKEY ="VB??" SpindleSKEY="03SP"/>

Changed the SpindleSKEY to anything else, like 10SP or whatever possible, but it ignores the setting, and uses the 03SP type.

If I make a brand new valve SKEY for the same block, and use this skey by the spindle connection too, it also ignores my settings.

Please someone write down the exact steps, for doing this very simple thing.

Cheers!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jabowabo
in reply to: Anonymous

I tried to:

- give SKEY-s for the actuators in the catalogue - AS FAR I SEE THIS HAS NO EFFECT TO THE ISO SYMBOL

This is correct as far as I can tell.

- change the IsoSkeyAcadBlockMap.xml, the following row:

SyntaxEditor Code Snippet

<ValveToSpindleSkeyMap ValveSKEY ="VB??" SpindleSKEY="03SP"/>

Changed the SpindleSKEY to anything else, like 10SP or whatever possible, but it ignores the setting, and uses the 03SP type. 

If I make a brand new valve SKEY for the same block, and use this skey by the spindle connection too, it also ignores my settings.

The order of items in the mapping xml is important. The first match found will be used (including wildcards). It will be easier to diagnose if you post the entire Spindle mapping section.

Message 3 of 3
dave.wolfe
in reply to: Anonymous

Here's the steps I use. http://www.pdoteam.com/2016/12/skey-and-spindle-relationships-plant-3d/
Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report