AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latrolet - Isometric

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
mauro.spadaro
941 Views, 7 Replies

Latrolet - Isometric

Hi guys,

I found a serious issue working with latrolet. Autocad Plant generates isometric dwg referred to the center line of pipe but using latrolet (that is inclinated 45 deg) you get completed wrong isometric.

Not just the dimensions are wrong but Autocad Plant3D inverts the position of the components.

This is a disaster!!!

see attached jpg and dwg files

any solutions?

thanks

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
h_eger
in reply to: mauro.spadaro

attached my iso result from your 3D drawing (AutoCAD Plant 3D 2022)

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
Anlagenplanung + Elektotechnik
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 3 of 8

Actually the position of your elements is not inverted, in the sketch as shown the place where the centerline of your latrolet connects to the centerline of your main pipe it is 18 units before your weldolet, just as it is generated in your iso. It only looks weird because the part does not start from the centerline and because the space between your olet and latrolet (18) looks just as long as the dimension before it. You can leave it as is and leave extra notes / commentary to clarify the issue towards the shop. Or if you may, you can move the startingpoint of the latrolet to coincide with the intersection of centerlines from your weldolet/main pipe, or make it start behind that intersection.

Message 4 of 8
mauro.spadaro
in reply to: h_eger

Hi Eger,as you see your iso is wrong because the latrolet is place between the weldolet and the flange connection. In your iso the latralet is before the weldolet. This is a mistake
thanks
Message 5 of 8

I undestand your meaning and your reply, but this issue is to be consider as error and, as you said, if you don't clarify with comments for shop activity the piping line built is wrong.
Message 6 of 8
h_eger

Unfortunately you are wrong in your statement:
The latrolet is always measured to Ceterline and not BOP or TOP during isometry.
As far as I can measure your 3D drawing, the isometry has been created correctly so that the latrolet sits 18mm in front of the nozzle (measured on the centerline).

2021-07-22_11-27-02.jpg

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
mauro.spadaro
in reply to: h_eger

Hi Eger,

Have you never tryed to say to a work in the workshop to measure from the center line using the right angle before doing to hole in the pipe?

Believe in me, it's impossible!!

In this case the dimension should be palced on the TOP

thank you

Message 8 of 8
h_eger

No this is not a mistake. The measurement takes place CL and thus the position on the matel of the pipe is determined via the angle of the latrolet.

Can you name an isometric program that has this function?
So I would have to apply for proof of this at Autodesk Development as a change point.

We work with a laser cutting device during the pipeline production and read in the PCF file and you will not believe the latrolet is cut out correctly on the pipeline.

-

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report