AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Isometric Issues

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
djeffroy
346 Views, 3 Replies

Isometric Issues

Hi, 

I have just finished creating a new piping spec and am testing isometrics to ensure SKEYs etc. are all set up ok. I noticed a few issues that are showing up consistently.

1. Blind flange graphic displays angled relative to its connecting flange and has an unexplained white, angled line through the middle of it that does not appear to be related to any annotation. I suspect this could have something to do with the mysterious "24° H" annotation associated with the the nearby elbow but can't pin down why this is happening either. I have verified that all elbows are on clean angles and that everything is perfectly aligned to the X/Y axis. Items in question circled in pink.

Blind flange.png

2. The wye component graphics appear offset / disconnected both within the part itself and relative to connecting components. This offset does not exist in the model and there are no leaks / disconnects. This component was added using standard P3D parametric graphics. Disconnected / offset graphics circled in pink.

Wye.png

Any suggestions on what could be behind these issues and recommendations on how to resolve them are much appreciated.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
h_eger
in reply to: djeffroy

dear @djeffroy ,

1. Please check the connection points of the parts there is an error.

2. Upload a test drawing with the components. can also be due to the SKEY but this should be checked.

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
Anlagenplanung + Elektotechnik
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
djeffroy

Thank you for the reply. Amending the Symbol Type and SKEYs resolved these issues.

Message 4 of 4
Mj_Dan

Hi @djeffroy and @h_eger 

Thank you for this question and the solution.

I am having a similar issue and I've tried to check the SKey and symbol type and they are correct but the elbow still disconnects on the Isometric.

This line is routed at 45 degrees to the UCS then it turns down and runs parallel to the East (See the attached image 1). But no matter what I do, the Iso still comes out disconnected (See attached image 2)

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta