AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Isometric break points

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
aquaphil
151 Views, 7 Replies

Isometric break points

Does anyone know why my isometric break points are being ignored when generating the isometric? I have my line number set to the correct number, my layer is set to "0". The "Ignore break points from model" is not checked in either the project setup or advanced iso creation options. 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
h_eger
in reply to: aquaphil

@aquaphil ,

because they are not on the right line or are not connected to the line

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
Anlagenplanung + Elektotechnik
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
aquaphil
in reply to: h_eger

@h_eger
I have my line number set to the correct line and they don't show the water drop indicating a disconnect. When I insert them they are placed on a layer called "isoinformation". Should they insert on the line number layer and if so how do I set that? They worked in the past but since we went to 2023 it's been an issue.
Message 4 of 8
h_eger

@aquaphil ,

can you provide me with a PCF file?
Change the PCF file extension to TXT otherwise it will not work with the upload

-

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
aquaphil

Here's the pcf and a screen shot showing where it should be breaking.

Message 6 of 8
h_eger

The problem is that there are no “ISO-SPLIT-POINT” in your PCF file.

In my opinion, the ISO-SPLIT-POINT are not properly positioned in the pipe line or are not connected to the pipe line objects.

I have tested with P3D 2022 and P3D 2025 no separation of the pipe line by the ISO-SPLIT-POINT.

-

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
aquaphil

I reinserted the break points and made sure they are connected to the face of the flange and it's still not splitting the isometric. Could it be that something in the model is corrupt?
Message 8 of 8
h_eger

That is difficult to say, can you provide me with a model?

-

Hartmut Eger
Senior Engineer
XING | LinkedIn

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta