AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identical Parts Separated in Isometric BOM

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
_Jeff_Roy_
148 Views, 2 Replies

Identical Parts Separated in Isometric BOM

Hi, 

I've encountered similar issues to this before but have been able to resolve them by ensuring long and short descriptions match, editing the isoconfig.xml to remove the "Size" category from Data->Aggregrated Lists->Groups..., and other tweaks. However, I've now got a situation where I'm literally placing the same part at the same size on the same pipeline multiple times during a single command and the various instances of this part are being split out into separate rows in the BOM when generating isometrics. If I select the various instances of these matching parts, the only property populated with "VARIES" is the PnPGuid which is supposed to be different. End connections, pressure classes, facings, etc. all match.

_Jeff_Roy__0-1721074614258.png

_Jeff_Roy__1-1721074964064.png

Can anyone shed some light on what might be causing this or a fix that I haven't tried yet?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 3 of 3
_Jeff_Roy_
in reply to: jabowabo

@jabowabo Thank you, this resolved it. The only downside to this fix is that you lose the graphic differentiation between a bend and elbow on the iso but at least the BOM is now grouping these parts appropriately.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report